FF books on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Lately I have not seen too many FF titles on Amazon.  Even books like Tome of Fate and Honour the Chapter have still not appeared (at least in Canada).  I have not even seen a peep about Deathwatch the outer reaches even though it looks like it should be hitting stores any time now.  Any news about whether or not Amazon will get these books, or will we need to pay inflated prices at the local distributor or go PDF all the way like White Wolf?

#2 Oathwin Oakheart

Oathwin Oakheart

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

It seems that Amazon.ca isn't carrying many F F G books any more at all . . .

I've been waiting to order the Death Watch core book and some others but looks like that won't be happening.

#3 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I find this a very strange change.  One of the main retailers I usually go to said that they will stop carrying RPG products and focus on cards and boardgames. 

Is there anyone from FFG who can comment?  Should I just wait for Amazon to come around or should I go for the PDF or go to my local retailer?

#4 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

peterstepon said:

I find this a very strange change.  One of the main retailers I usually go to said that they will stop carrying RPG products and focus on cards and boardgames. 

Is there anyone from FFG who can comment?  Should I just wait for Amazon to come around or should I go for the PDF or go to my local retailer?

Amazon have long been bad with release dates and customer service on RPG books, due to the extended proof reading, and updating that goes into publishing them it means that Amazon's largely automated system cannot cope. Try using a third party site.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#5 Tacitus05

Tacitus05

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I just use drivethrurpg and download it to my kindle fire.

#6 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

From personal experience, Amazon always took forever to include long-released FFG titles into their range - to the point where I just cancelled an order and, from that moment on, ordered directly from FFG. They do have international shipping and were very fast, so this is an option I would recommend.

Unless you're happy with digital versions of the books, of course. In that case I agree regarding -> DrivethruRPG.com

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#7 Face Eater

Face Eater

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

I've always used Amazon for simplicity and a decent price.

What companies do people use in the UK?

#8 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Try Chapters if you're in Canada. They only ever carried Dark Heresy in the actual stores, and that was when it came out, but their online store usually is pretty good.

And when people learn that Amazon is REALLY flaky when it comes to RPG books. They clearly don't understand the industry at all, and have no sympathies for just how frequently pretty much everyone but Wizards (who are owned by Hasbro!) misses the release dates for their books, even if just by a little. And if they are still behaving the same way when White Wolf was selling through them (instead of .pdf and Print on Demand through Drive Thru), then they're probably refusing to even list most FFG products until a about week after their release.

#9 Lightbringer

Lightbringer

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Face Eater said:

I've always used Amazon for simplicity and a decent price.

What companies do people use in the UK?

I've always used Orc's Nest. Really nice guys. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS