Cell Portal

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Decker1613

Decker1613

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

So I am so confused on the card CELL PORTAL, can someone please tell me how this card is used and when it would be used. Thank you.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

It is used to make the runner go back to the start of the run. So if for example you have a well developed server with 2 or 3 other ice with cell portal as the last one you could force the runner to go all the back to the start and have to break those ice all over again. Most likely this would result in the runner jacking out as they are out of credits possibly or cannot afford to take some damage from subroutines they will re-encounter or stuff like that.

#3 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Nice with automatic 'damage' dealers like DATA RAVEN in first row…

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Rune Age - Letters from Whitechapel - Cadwallon - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#4 Butaman551

Butaman551

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sending the runner back to a Tollbooth or Data Raven is always fun. Too bad the runner can just jack out before encountering the first ice after getting Cell Portaled though. 

#5 Cigar

Cigar

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

How does this play out if its your only piece of ice? I imagine it gets flipped over after the subroutine goes off and your forced to re-rez it, making it a horrible front line defender.

Alternatively, what happens when you have a wall of thorns as your outermost ice unrezzed?  I.e. I can't afford to rez wall of thorns so the runner avoids it approaching the cell portal. I rez cell portal and its subroutine activates derezing it.  Now I have no rezed ice and no credits.  Does the runner then pass over both pieces and access the server?

#6 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Cigar said:

How does this play out if its your only piece of ice? I imagine it gets flipped over after the subroutine goes off and your forced to re-rez it, making it a horrible front line defender.

Alternatively, what happens when you have a wall of thorns as your outermost ice unrezzed?  I.e. I can't afford to rez wall of thorns so the runner avoids it approaching the cell portal. I rez cell portal and its subroutine activates derezing it.  Now I have no rezed ice and no credits.  Does the runner then pass over both pieces and access the server?

These questions only seem to make sense to me if you wrongly assume that you must rez unrezzed ice when the runner approaches it, if able. You can always decide whether to rez an unrezzed piece of ice that the runner approaches.

#7 Cimmeria

Cimmeria

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

So this ice isn't supposed to be the first ice a runner faces in a run, right? Sorry for the newbie question, my game arrived today.

#8 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Cimmeria said:

So this ice isn't supposed to be the first ice a runner faces in a run, right? Sorry for the newbie question, my game arrived today.

Right. This piece of ice obviously makes the most sense being the innermost ice, so that when you send the runner back to the outermost ice, they have to deal with all the other ice on the server again.

#9 Mortifa

Mortifa

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Cimmeria said:

Right. This piece of ice obviously makes the most sense being the innermost ice, so that when you send the runner back to the outermost ice, they have to deal with all the other ice on the server again.

Another noobie question but am I allowed to rearrange the order ice is placed?

#10 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

No, you cannot, unless a card effect allows you to do so.

• Mortifa likes this
Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#11 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

No, you cannot, unless a card effect allows you to do so.

which there's only two I'm aware of Sunset for Jinteki and Escher for the shapers

of which Escher is a runner only card and lets them rearrange your ice after a successful run instead of accessing cards.

Edited by stormwolf27, 21 September 2013 - 10:58 PM.

• Mortifa likes this

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#12 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

As per the rulebook, ICE must always be places in the outermost position in a server when being installed (unless a card specifically tells you to do otherwise). If you could rearrange ICE at will this rule would not exist.
  • Mortifa likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS