Stahleck 2012 - Roll call and discussion

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

This year's Tourney of Stahleck is shaping up to be bigger than ever. Last I heard, around 160 participants are expected in the joust. Wolfgang (Thorondor) had to come up with several creative solutions to keep the event manageable. The field will be divided in four groups, and each of those groups will play a six-round swiss. The top 8 of each of these mini-tournaments will advance to the elimination rounds.

You can read up on the tourney rules and regulations on the official website.

So, who else is going to Stahleck? Which poor souls would love to go, but can't?

What deck types do you think will dominate? Will Maesters win it all in the tournament that might well be their swan song? Or will the MtCW/TVB combo prove too strong? Will Targ finally go all the way? Or will Stark win through?

Will anybody be able to stop the Spanish juggernaut? Will the French or the Italians step up and wrest the crown away from them? Or will some minnow come out of nowhere and claim the title?

How do you feel about Roll of the Dice not being legal? Would you have welcomed the shake-up of the meta that HoD and L&L would've provided? Or are you relieved that weeks of tweaking and playtesting have not been overthrown in one stroke?

Oh, and one last thing: If you are going, please be so kind as to send your decklist to me, along with an extensive treatise on how to beat your deck. Thanks!

#2 WWDrakey

WWDrakey

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Well, our small (but odd) Finnish meta will be bringing a 3-person delegation, which also means that the whole Quill & Tankard Regulars staff will be there ready to rules-lawyer the fun out of everybody's game. :P

~Oh, and I'll be running a Targaryen House Bolton deck with triple-copies of OOH Moon Boy. You'll be able to beat it by not taking any chains ever off your TMP Agenda, since trait-manipulation with Ascetic Follower is bonkers good.

#3 thedaffodilfish

thedaffodilfish

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Well, the small (but odd) Scottish meta will be sending one representitive (that'll be me then) which also means no-one will understand my accent ;-)

If I can fit my 95 card deck list onto an email without running out of space then I'll gladly send you the list. I can easily be defeated by rules lawyering, so will add to the fun with a Winter Choke.

I'm arriving on the 15th so look forward to catching up with any other early birds for a few pints.

#4 Tomdidiot

Tomdidiot

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

The London Meta will be sending along 5 people (though we're sharing Firefox with the Swiss Meta) .  We'll mostly be arriving early on the 16th.

~I'll be running the same Stark Siege deck that I've been running for the last 16 months.  Screw new cards!

#5 mardukch

mardukch

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

There will be 6 Swiss players this year, including FireFox. This year will be playing both melee and joust and some of us will try the draft, the Highlander and the 2vs2.

We will be playing 5 different houses , but I wont tell you more about that specific matter :P

Can't wait to see you again and have a beer, or two, or more, on Friday night^^

#6 JCWamma

JCWamma

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Tomdidiot said:

The London Meta will be sending along 5 people (though we're sharing Firefox with the Swiss Meta) .  We'll mostly be arriving early on the 16th.

~I'll be running the same Stark Siege deck that I've been running for the last 16 months.  Screw new cards!

As an addendum to this, 2 of us are arriving on the 15th, albeit stupidly late. Who knows though, maybe some pints will cure us of plane-related boredom!

As for decks I was thinking maybe combining the Targaryen and Lannister core set decks, right down to having two house cards. But we'll see, I guess. Maybe I'll decide on the Sunday.

#7 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I will arrive on the 15th as well. So I will gladly meet any of you guys beforehand!

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg

#8 Moore

Moore

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Ratatoskr said:

This year's Tourney of Stahleck is shaping up to be bigger than ever. Last I heard, around 160 participants are expected in the joust. Wolfgang (Thorondor) had to come up with several creative solutions to keep the event manageable.

Bloody Nora ! That's a big murderous field and that location is simply stunning. Just out of interest what happens regarding card language text ?

#9 thorondor

thorondor

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

well, 160 is to much, as it looks like now. the complete greek team had to cancel, also some polish and spanish players. right now its ~145. still not bad, isnt it?

#10 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'll post updates and results from Stahleck on Twitter @Ratatoskr72 and on my blog http://www.cardgamed...ad-to-stahleck/

#11 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Oh how I wish I could go….

#12 mardukch

mardukch

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

I talked to Wolfgang last night and there were 145 players registered… this year's Championship is gonna rock!

#13 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Melee stats

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/blog/17/entry-169-melee-stats-breakdown/

#14 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

House/Agenda breakdown posted.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/blog/17/entry-173-top-32-house-agenda-breakdown/

EDIT: For top 32 that is. full breakdown tomorrow.

#15 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

full breakdown

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/blog/17/entry-176-houseagenda-breakdown/

Semis results

Humber Stark SoW beats Martin Herman Targ KotHH

Stefano Montanari GJ TMP beats Stukov GJ TMP

#16 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

stefano from italy wins with gj tmp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS