• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 finhisky

finhisky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Q1:

The rule says that  " Razor wire may be destroyed by  area attack that causes three or more successes."

May player attack "razor wire" If there is no units in the hex containing razor wire?

Q2:

If a player executes an assault attack to a hex containing  razor wire.

When resolving assault attack, the defendant unit in that hex may attack with half firepowe or fullpower?

Thanks in advance

#2 Grand Stone

Grand Stone

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I dont know the answeres to these questions, but it rises one of my own questions.

Q1: was this actually used? Did they actually use mortars to remove razor wires?  Seems very strange to me, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Regarding question 2, I would definitively say that half firepower fits better, but I dont know.

#3 TheKaiser33

TheKaiser33

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

finhisky said:

Q1:

The rule says that  " Razor wire may be destroyed by  area attack that causes three or more successes."

May player attack "razor wire" If there is no units in the hex containing razor wire?

Yes, you could attack the hex with your mortars for instance since area attack weapons such as mortars / artillery, etc. target the hex, not units.  Since suppressive fire attacks count as well, you could fire your mortar at the hex with suppressive fire to knock out the razor wire (since the mortar gets twice as many dice for suppressive fire as opposed to normal fire).

#4 finhisky

finhisky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

?
???? » Afrikaans

thanks a lot

thanks a lot ^^

#5 Kingtiger

Kingtiger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Q 1: yes.

Q 2: half.

Yes, artillery was used to destroy barbed wire etc. to open a path for the advancing infantry.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS