Here is a question.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alex saint gill

Alex saint gill

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Question 1: What if there are more than one Enemy that attacks by Craft on a space? Do they  attack a player at the same time as like the Strength-basis Enemy do?

Question 2: In a six-player game, suppose each of them has his or her alignment as either good or evil, but nobody remains neutral, how to represent their alignment? There are only four alignment cards in the game as you all know.

Question 3: When transformed to a toad, do I lose all my objects and followers? How about gold? The rule book only mentions about  strength, craft , trophies, spells, special abilities, fate tokens, how to encounter and movement.

Rule of this game could be said simple and easy, but as like other games it also has uncertain parts in it.

#2 Alex saint gill

Alex saint gill

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Those questions above were made before playing game.

Now, I am playing the game of Talisman, wondering few more things.

The 'Blizzard' card instructs that all players should move only one space for 2 turns.

I was the first player and drew the card.

Does the card affect from the second player, counting as the first turn of the two turns?

So that its effect would end up at the next turn?

What if my character stops at a space which asks 'Draw 1 card' and there already was a 'Sword' card I do not want to possess.

Can't I draw another adventure card till the card is removed on the space?

My character was enough powerful to pass the Portal of Power, but just took a quest at the Warlock's Cave to have fun more.

At the meantime, my weak opponents grew up his power in luck and tried to open the door to the Inner region.

I wanted to go directly to the Portal of Power to be the first player to enter the Inner region,

but there is one thing uncertain in this sentence below

'A character must attempt to complete his quest immediately if he is able to do so.'

Does it mean I must complete my Warlock quest prior to the goal for the Crown of Command?

Thank you all for your reply.

#3 Alex saint gill

Alex saint gill

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

I've solved the question for toad-being problem. The answer was on the Toad sheet.

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Alex saint gill said:

Question 1: What if there are more than one Enemy that attacks by Craft on a space? Do they  attack a player at the same time as like the Strength-basis Enemy do?

Yes. Craft enemies will combine their craft to attack you. It's the same story as the strength enemies.

Alex saint gill said:

Question 2: In a six-player game, suppose each of them has his or her alignment as either good or evil, but nobody remains neutral, how to represent their alignment? There are only four alignment cards in the game as you all know.

The Sacred Pool has the Neutral alignment cards.

Alex saint gill said:

Question 3: When transformed to a toad, do I lose all my objects and followers? How about gold? The rule book only mentions about  strength, craft , trophies, spells, special abilities, fate tokens, how to encounter and movement.

Yes, you lose all objects, followers and gold. you must ditch them on your space, when you are transformed into a toad.

This is written on the toad card.  

#5 Alex saint gill

Alex saint gill

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

When the Hermit grants a Talisman to the first character who has visited him, should the Talisman be dragged out of the Object deck or selected from the 4 Talisman cards?

In the Castle in the Middle Region, do I have to be healed up at one gold ,nevertheless I don't want to be?

Can somebody steal the Talisman from one who has already landed on the Valley of Fire?

My craft was 3, and already had one spell with me. I visited to the City, to the Enchantress, rolling a dice at 6. That happen for me to gain one more spell but if so, the number of my spells would have went over the limit for Craft 3, which allows only 1 spell at a time. In this case, should I, however, pick up a spell card and discard it right away or just never draw a card from the deck?

I wanted to spend out the spell I was possessing, 'Alchemist', and did not have any objects to convert to gold with the spell. In this condition, can I even cast this spell in order to discard it.

Some special abilities like Thief's stealing triggered when there is somebody in a space a Thief has just landed on. Let's suppose that happens in reverse order, that means, somebody comes into the space a Thief is staying in. Does the Thief's ability affect on the other in this case?

#6 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Alex saint gill said:

When the Hermit grants a Talisman to the first character who has visited him, should the Talisman be dragged out of the Object deck or selected from the 4 Talisman cards?

Talismans granted by the Warlock , or any other board encounter or adventure card are taken from the Talisman mini-deck.( the 4 cards). If there are no Talismans in the mini-deck, you get nothing.

In the Castle in the Middle Region, do I have to be healed up at one gold ,nevertheless I don't want to be?

Healing is always optional.

Can somebody steal the Talisman from one who has already landed on the Valley of Fire?

Yes.

My craft was 3, and already had one spell with me. I visited to the City, to the Enchantress, rolling a dice at 6. That happen for me to gain one more spell but if so, the number of my spells would have went over the limit for Craft 3, which allows only 1 spell at a time. In this case, should I, however, pick up a spell card and discard it right away or just never draw a card from the deck?

We've always  played it like so:

Unless it's mentioned "gain a spell if Craft allows", you can gain a spell even if you have reached your spell quota,   and then discard the one you don't want to keep. However, if your craft is lower than 3, you can't gain spells at all.

I wanted to spend out the spell I was possessing, 'Alchemist', and did not have any objects to convert to gold with the spell. In this condition, can I even cast this spell in order to discard it.

You can't cast a spell, if there's no valid target for it. If you don't have any Objects, you can't cast Alchemy

Some special abilities like Thief's stealing triggered when there is somebody in a space a Thief has just landed on. Let's suppose that happens in reverse order, that means, somebody comes into the space a Thief is staying in. Does the Thief's ability affect on the other in this case?

The Thief can  only use his ability when he lands on a character. Not when other characters land on him. 

Answers in bold.

#7 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Alex saint gill said:

You may not draw a new spell, if your spell limit is above your craft.

In your example, if you roll a 6 at the Enchantress, with a craft of 3 and 1 spell, that means you get nothing. You don´t have to draw.

#8 Alex saint gill

Alex saint gill

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

Thank you all Zealot12 and Velhart.

All my questions you've answered is clear now. 

But there is a still difference between your opinions about whether drawing a spell card or not in the spell limit.

I hope more players to be concerning on that matter.

Could you also check other questions below that I made before?

What if my character stops at a space which asks 'Draw 1 card' and there already was a 'Sword' card I do not want to possess.

Can't I draw another adventure card till the card is removed on the space? Picking up, as well ditching the Objects is optional at any time?

My character was enough powerful to pass the Portal of Power(possessing a Talisman), but just took a quest at the Warlock's Cave to have fun more.

At the meantime, my weak opponents grew up his power in luck and tried to open the door to the Inner region.

I wanted to go directly to the Portal of Power to be the first player to enter the Inner region,

but there is one thing uncertain in this sentence below

'A character must attempt to complete his quest immediately if he is able to do so.'

Does it mean I must complete my Warlock quest prior to the goal for the Crown of Command?

Thank you all for your reply.

#9 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

If you a told you can gain a Spell, but you are already at your limit, you may not gain a new Spell. They are not like Objects where you can decide which to leave behind.

If you are on a Draw card space, any card in that space counts towards the card limit, even a Hex spell. So the Sword in your example is the card that you encounter in the space.

You may not pass through the Portal of Power if you have an outstanding quest from the Warlock. The text of completing a quest as soon as possible means that, say if you have to lose a Gold, as soon as you have a Gold to lose you complete your quest. You cannot wait and choose to complete it later on when you have MORE Gold.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#10 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

The others are correct about spell limit. If your Craft is 3, you can only have one spell, and cannot gain another until you cast the one you have, or gain more Craft.

My variant is just a houserule.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS