Photo

A Few Maneuvers - X-wing, LCG, and RPG writers needed!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

In preparation for the launch of the new website, we are looking for people who would be willing to write articles for X-wing, the LCG, and the RPG. We are looking for people with decent writing skills and enough knowledge about the games to be able to speak intelligently about them. We would also need you to write at least one article each week on varying topics. Below is a list of sample topics. This is by no means an all inclusive list. We are very open to other ideas so let me know if you can think of anything else.

Topic Ideas
Your most recent play report (X-wing, LCG, or RPG)
Game Review (X-wing, LCG, or RPG)
Card of the Week (X-wing or LCG)
FFG Star Wars News (X-wing, LCG, or RPG)
New Player Guide (X-wing, LCG, or RPG)
Strategic maneuvering (X-wing)
Custom Figure Tutorial (X-wing)
New Custom Missions or Campaign (X-wing, or RPG)
EotE Beta vs Saga Edition (RPG)
etc.

If you are interested in writing articles for AFM, send me a PM on AFM. We'd like to get some articles ready to go before we launch. Once I get a group together, I'll start a forum for the writers so we can stay organized. This way we don't have to worry about people duplicating each other.

Thanks,
Roy

drkjedi35 on AFM

A Few Maneuvers

#2 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Right on. I'll see if I can remember how to write anything with a level of intelligence. If I can, I will let you know.

#3 Warchitect

Warchitect

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ill write a few. I've been making boards and scenarios and self playing tactica for a while now. lots of play testing. I don't have a ton of models yet, but I'm definately hooked on the game enough to want to give back. 

I posted on your site AFM, couldn't figure how to PM…

Warchitect.

#4 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Warchitect said:

Ill write a few. I've been making boards and scenarios and self playing tactica for a while now. lots of play testing. I don't have a ton of models yet, but I'm definately hooked on the game enough to want to give back. 

I posted on your site AFM, couldn't figure how to PM…

Warchitect.

You're not alone.  I searched and searched for a PM button. 

..EDIT:  I found the compose message box, but it says I can not do that until I participate more. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#5 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I didn't realize that was on. I will turn that off tonight. You should be able to PM then. 

Roy

#6 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Its fixed.  You can now send me PMs.

Roy

#7 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'll help out. I should be playing more X-wing now that I am done with Warmachine/Hordes. I usually get to play on Sundays. Also thanks for moving my previous two articles to the new site.

I can help with X-wing and the LCG game articles, but I don't play RPGs so I wouldn't be able to help with that game.

#8 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

you may use whatever i typed here without my prior permission. just maybe try to reference me a little if possible 

#9 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Gr8 to see this initiative in place. Well done. I predict X-wing is going to be one of the biggest tabletop games to hit the market, im hooked!

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#10 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Duraham said:

you may use whatever i typed here without my prior permission. just maybe try to reference me a little if possible 

If I want to use something you wrote, I will ask your permission first, and always give you the credit.

Thanks.

#11 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

Gr8 to see this initiative in place. Well done. I predict X-wing is going to be one of the biggest tabletop games to hit the market, im hooked!

Thanks!  I'm enjoying this game too.  As are a lot of people.  Hopefully it will be around for a long time.

Roy

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS