Photo

who else has pre-orderd there Slave 1 ? and what are you going to do with it?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

I have already orderd mine but still trying to figure out what I want to field with it.  I dont know its point cost or how expensive its upgrades will be. All I know is that It will be my main ship I plan on fielding. 

Anyone else pre-order yet?  What other ships are you planning on fielding with it?

#2 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Pretty hard to answer for the reasons you stated. As a fan of the rebels I'm hoping that Han in the Falcon will be a nice tentpole for the rebel fleet. The only thing that terrifies me about him is Vader and cluster missiles with that horrific agility rating. Really interested to see how they do these big ships, hope they make them effective…considering right now quantity has been better than quality.

#3 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

SuperSoldier said:

Pretty hard to answer for the reasons you stated. As a fan of the rebels I'm hoping that Han in the Falcon will be a nice tentpole for the rebel fleet. The only thing that terrifies me about him is Vader and cluster missiles with that horrific agility rating. Really interested to see how they do these big ships, hope they make them effective…considering right now quantity has been better than quality.

what would you like to field with the Falcon? i know everything would be nice but If I were to get the Falcon i'd like to field a couple of A-wings I have a feeling it might be all that can be put on a list for a 100pt game. Its not a good guess but it feels like a gut feeling. But I guess only time will tell

#4 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Pretty much impossible to speculate how to compile a list when I'd say we don't have 10% of the facts regarding any of these units' abilities. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#5 Sarone

Sarone

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

We'll see.  I'm intrigued by it as well.

#6 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I have pre-ordered two each of the big ships. And 4 each of the other expansions, never know when I might need them, hehe.

#7 KarmikazeKidd

KarmikazeKidd

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

I haven't preordered one, but as far as what to do with it? I'm goin' Sammy J. on some Rebels, that's what.

#8 Hardrainfalling

Hardrainfalling

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

i am going to run round my wargames room making vroomm noises with it in my hand

tell the truth how many of you are going to do the same ?

#9 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hardrainfalling said:

i am going to run round my wargames room making vroomm noises with it in my hand

am guilty of doing this with TIE fighters. those things look so cute, reminds me of those pesky bats that swarm you in any typical RPG cave

#10 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hardrainfalling said:

my girlfriend found doing this more exciting than the actual game :/

#11 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hardrainfalling said:

Me for sure, at least once, right after I unbox:)

Again we know some stats from pics but that may change.  I think these may 50/50 useful, the rebs already have a hard time with less ships.  The last numbers I saw were the falcon would be close to 50pts… that means maybe ~2 supporting x-wings.  Who knows maybe a falcon/a-wing combo will be good???

As for imp, not sure the supporting ships would be good enough to support.  Maybe the interceptors will compliment the slave 1???

Will be interesting to see though.

#12 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

stupid double post… sorry

#13 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Getting my preorder in next month when I have more cash.  I will probably only get the one since I intend to use it as Slave I in missions I create for my brother and his friends.  Although I hope they make a variant with different stats and colours to use as a Firespray.

#14 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

The only thing that bothers me about the Falcon is the agility rating. Clearly, Han could push that thing to the limit and the Empire Strikes Back asteroid scene shows that the Falcon CLEARLY has the ability to outmaneuver TIEs when Han pilots.

#15 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

herozeromes said:

The only thing that bothers me about the Falcon is the agility rating. Clearly, Han could push that thing to the limit and the Empire Strikes Back asteroid scene shows that the Falcon CLEARLY has the ability to outmaneuver TIEs when Han pilots.

I would assume the agility value doesn't just cover the ship's speed etc. but also its size which lets face it is an easy target for TIE fighters.  Also game balance has to give it some kind of minor disadvantage.  Maybe Han's pilot card will allow him to change blank results into evades to represent his skill, as mentioned earlier we know very little about this unit so until then…

#16 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

KarmikazeKidd said:

I haven't preordered one, but as far as what to do with it? I'm goin' Sammy J. on some Rebels, that's what.

LOL! well said sir :)

#17 Warchitect

Warchitect

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

And Han was getting peppered all the time. it was the shields and hull points doin it for him in the movies, every space battle, mos eisley, hoth,…even at cloud city hes getting zapped.

:-D

#18 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hardrainfalling said:

Wait…there's a game for these ships?  Holy Crap!

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS