Photo

Game of Cyvasse vs Starfall Advisor (different scenario from FAQ)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xenoss

xenoss

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

This interaction is covered in the FAQ and I read a previous post asking about it. But after reading all that, I am still unclear on 1 thing:

What if the 1st part of Cyvasse's "choose and kneel a character with INT", I choose a House Dayne character?

Does that not satisfy Starfall Advisor then? Because this event chooses a House Dayne character in that case, so I can use Starfall Advisor to cancel it?

The scenario in the FAQ and in the thread I read assumes that the character being knelt in the 1st half of the event is NOT a House Dayne character. It is only for the "Then" part of the event. I get that you can just cancel half the event after the 1st half happened. But what if I choose a Dayne character to kneel in the 1st place. Isn't it still An Event that chooses a House Dayne character?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

xenoss said:

This interaction is covered in the FAQ and I read a previous post asking about it. But after reading all that, I am still unclear on 1 thing:

What if the 1st part of Cyvasse's "choose and kneel a character with INT", I choose a House Dayne character?

Does that not satisfy Starfall Advisor then? Because this event chooses a House Dayne character in that case, so I can use Starfall Advisor to cancel it?

The scenario in the FAQ and in the thread I read assumes that the character being knelt in the 1st half of the event is NOT a House Dayne character. It is only for the "Then" part of the event. I get that you can just cancel half the event after the 1st half happened. But what if I choose a Dayne character to kneel in the 1st place. Isn't it still An Event that chooses a House Dayne character?

Sure. That works. No problem.

The stuff in the FAQ is not really questioning Starfall Advisor's ability to cancel Cyvasse in general. It is simply saying that if a cancel effect -- ANY cancel effect -- only becomes eligible against something because of what's written after the "then," it cannot be used against the effect.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS