New Android: Netrunner audio podcast!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rightrhombus

rightrhombus

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

There's a brand new audio podcast all about Android: Netrunner.

It's called "The Ice Box," and you can stream it from http://theiceboxpodcast.com or subscribe on iTunes (search for the ice box podcast). Check it out NOW!!!

#2 rightrhombus

rightrhombus

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

If you're on facebook, then check out our page at http://www.facebook....354482371308050. "Like" us and help us build a thriving A:NR community!

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

Okay I have listened to it three times already today. I will provide some feedback. Please see this as constructive feedback and not rude, blunt, etc. etc.

Honestly not a fan of this episode. I realize this is the first episode. Just seemed very all over the place and lacking in actual solid Android: Netrunner stuff. Again I realize this is the first episode and it will likely improve with time and experience.

#4 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the podcast. Listened to it today and I'm afraid I have to agree with Toqtamish -- perhaps some better script/shownotes would improve the flow of the podcast. The rambling and uninformed section on cyberpunk was probably the worst part, though. Still, it wasn't all bad and I'll definitely be checking out your next episode.

#5 rightrhombus

rightrhombus

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, guys.

In this episode, we just wanted to get our show out there, for the most part, and to do so with some very basic introductions to some aspects of the game and it's setting.

Also, it was our first ever attempt at a podcast. So getting it recorded and published was a brand new experience.

We intend to have regular segments about cards, strategies, FFG announcements, and spoilers before long! Stay tuned!

#6 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

One episode is too quick to judge, give them some time to settle in.

This first one was pretty light on the game coverage, I'll agree with that, but give it a chance.

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Neither of us said we were not giving it a chance dboeren. We were just providing feedback for them.

#8 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like that.

Anyway, I would like to see more focus on strategy, cards, and the game itself in upcoming episiodes.  Background setting information is interesting but it felt a little disorganized and not well informed, as if the authors had heard of some of these books, etc… but not actually read them.  I never played the Final Fantasy game they were talking about, so I can't really say if that's a good comparison or not.  Of course there are a ton of possible references that are related to the genre and no time to mention them all :)

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Second episode is on iTunes now. And here: theiceboxpodcast.com/the-ice-box-2nd-installation-how-to-play-anr/

#10 LifeKnight

LifeKnight

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Up to Episode 4 now, great podcast, keep it up!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS