Here are some of the other cards I would love to see in the second Saga expansion:
- Bard the Bowman - as a Hero, perhaps with a special rule that allows him to return an attachment from his controller's discard pile to his hand (mainly thinking about the Black Arrow attachment here). Such a rule could be supported by the quote from the novel when Bard is about to fire this arrow at Smaug: 'You [The Black Arrow] have never failed me and always I [Bard] have recovered you'.
- Balin - as a Hero - whilst I am aware that he is effectively dead in all non-saga quests I would like to see Balin as either an ally or hero. Afterall, FFG didn't have any problems creating a card for Ori, who was part of Balin's futile attempt to colonise Moria. I feel he would be best represented by a lore or spirit hero. I also feel that his ability should reflect his skill as a look-out man.
- Oin - as a hero - the other and final member of Thorin's compay yet to have a card devoted to him. Unfortunately, he also dies in Moria along with Balin and Ori, so it may be considered foolish to make a card for him. I would like him to be a lore or tactics hero.
- Gwaihir - as a hero. We have not yet had an Eagle hero and I feel that it would be nice to include him now. He plays an important role both in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. He would probably have to be a tactics hero - especially given the fact that all eagle cards are firmly rooted in the tactics cards.
- It would also be just as nice to see allies with the Dale and Silvan Keywords.
- I hope we do not see any re-designs of current heroes (e.g. Legolas, Dain Ironfoot, Thorin, etc).
What does everyone else think about these ideas?