• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

At last we get some news, wonderful!

Celestial order magic wouldn't have been what I had guessed as the next POD-release, but the astromancers are cool so I'm not complaining.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

#2 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

k7e9 said:

At last we get some news, wonderful!

Celestial order magic wouldn't have been what I had guessed as the next POD-release, but the astromancers are cool so I'm not complaining.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Since the only spellcaster in our group is a Celestial Wizard, I'm quite excited by this!

#3 Amani

Amani

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Nice! Glad to see some movement. Appears they are following the original releases for Faiths and Orders, next should be the Cult of Morr and then the Grey Order. Would like to see some variety of POD releases, perhaps with new monsters or careers or locations, etc… No matter still awesome news!  

#4 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Can anyone make out the names of the Action Cards in this pack? I see a Thunderbolt spell….I wonder if there are any new Portent of Amul type spells?

#5 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yay! The Celestial Order is such a fun magical wind. So 5 PODs and 2 big supplements for 2012, good for a product like WFRP3. I hope FFG keeps the same release schedule for next year. I look forward to getting that POD.

Cheers

Ceodryn

#6 ozean

ozean

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

GoblynKing said:

Can anyone make out the names of the Action Cards in this pack?

I think the card two left of the Bolt of Urannon in the lower picture might be called "Rites of [something - knowledge, perhaps?]". No guarantees, though. 

And, after reading the detailed page, I divine the rightmost card on the reckless side heap to be "Meteor Storm"! The stars are less clear on the third card from the left on the same heap, but it might actually be "Portent of [something]". (If I am right on the latter guess, I think I deserve a free pod from FFG.  )

Did we have rules cards in the other packs too? If yes, what kind of content do these cards usually offer?

#7 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

The other packs have a Rules card laying out Mastery and how it works - stuff otherwise in Hero's Call.  So if there'a s Rank 4/5 card in POD you don't need Hero's Call to understand it.

#8 djpeterso23662

djpeterso23662

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

I am definitely looking forward to receiving my copy of the Celestial Order POD. 

While I am all for alternating priest and wizard packs, I would be happy to try something different as well. 

How about a Tavern Keeper/Bartender/Bar Maid POD?  Lots of creative possibilities. 

#9 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Actually some special cards for the Assassin career class are badly needed. Action cards and / or poison item cards to name but a few.

#10 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Ordered 2 copies.  Bring on the other orders!

#11 Johann Rowlocks

Johann Rowlocks

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Ordered! Keep 'em comin!

#12 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Romus said:

Ordered 2 copies.  Bring on the other orders!

I also always order 2 to put one set in the "player card" set and a 2nd in "Gm cards for critters and NPC's set".

#13 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Ordered mine, looking forward to it.

Gitzman

#14 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'll wait for the next two POD releases to order them together, as I did with the previous ones.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS