• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tibs3688

tibs3688

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yeah so I lied about no more questions for a week or two >_> <_<

With the new agenda being what it was in fact rumored to be, and me being a Greyjoy player, I have to go ahead and ask.

Does Ten Towers allow me to play "House X only" cards in an opponent's discard pile, with "X" being any house other than Greyjoy?  I would assume that "House X only" is just a deckbuilding restriction and that I can in fact troll Targ players with their own Incinerates, but I want to go ahead and check.

#2 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Yes, but not with incinerate - that card burns for x where x is the number of Targ characters you control with the same common trait.  If you control a non GJ character tho, Ten Towers turns off.

But in general, yes, I believe that "house x only" is just a deckbuilding restriction

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#3 tibs3688

tibs3688

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Yeah I realized that about Incinerate after I posted.  I don't see any such restriction on Flame-Kissed though

And yeah, the whole "GJ chars/locations only" really is a turnoff, but come on.  I gotta at least give it a shot.  If nothing else, every house has events well worth recurring with this thing.  It's also the best-protected location from ACB because of its absurd cost.

#4 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

It won't really be worth playing.  If you play a character from their discard pile, it will have an OOH cost and thus deactivate the Ten Towers until that character is gone from your control.  Then you must have their event card on the top of their discard pile and available to use when the time is right.  Then it's also only 1 time per round.  Just doesn't seem like it's worth it.  I hope you can use it with success though.

#5 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

A separate question - when drawing your starting hand after setup, draw back up to 7?  Or just replenish the 6 from your reduced setup hand?

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#6 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

The rule book differentiates between the "setup" and the "opening" hand. The Agenda doesn't say anything about affecting the opening hand, so it doesn't.

#7 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

The only reason I ask is because the rules say to draw up to 7 "once more."  With he agenda, the "once more" breaks.  Or, one could argue, the 7 does.  Drawing back to 7 makes more sense to me, but just wanted to be certain.

#8 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

My question about this Agenda is this: If the location I choose is removed from play by a plot effect (say, S&D), can I put it back into play and still get the Agenda's protection?

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

#9 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

No sir.  The agenda creates a lasting effect on the location which is lost when it leaves play.

#10 Reldan

Reldan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

What if the card on top of their library is a shadows card?  If I put the card into shadows is it in shadows under my control since it's as though I played it from my hand?

I know that if a card you take control of but don't own goes back into shadows from play, it typically reverts back to its owner because leaving play usually removes the effect that granted you control in the first place, but I'm wondering if this is different since the foundation of your control of the card comes from the framework that you were the one that played the card from hand.

#11 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Reldan said:

What if the card on top of their library is a shadows card?  If I put the card into shadows is it in shadows under my control since it's as though I played it from my hand?

I know that if a card you take control of but don't own goes back into shadows from play, it typically reverts back to its owner because leaving play usually removes the effect that granted you control in the first place, but I'm wondering if this is different since the foundation of your control of the card comes from the framework that you were the one that played the card from hand.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "foundation of your control." You control the card that you put into play from your opponent's discard pile because the effect of Ten Towers makes it so - not for any other reason. When that card leaves play, the effect of Ten Towers goes away. When a card goes into Shadows from play, it is leaving play. So control reverts to the owner if the card you steal with Ten Towers goes into Shadows - same as if it were to leave play any other way.

#12 Reldan

Reldan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Thanks KTom.  In this case does the card you'd be putting into Shadows ever actual enter and then leave play - thereby reverting control back to your opponent, or would this be immediate as in Ten Towers let's you pay to put the card into Shadows from your opponents discard pile but then control immediately switches back to him.

#13 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Reldan said:

Thanks KTom.  In this case does the card you'd be putting into Shadows ever actual enter and then leave play - thereby reverting control back to your opponent, or would this be immediate as in Ten Towers let's you pay to put the card into Shadows from your opponents discard pile but then control immediately switches back to him.
Ah. I see what you are asking now. I thought you were talking about returning the card to Shadows.

Using Ten Towers on a Shadow card would be like using the Response on "Time of Trials" Balon. You "play" it into Shadow under your control and bring it out under your control. It only reverts to its owner when it leaves play (and you are right - going from the owner's discard pile to your Shadows area is not "leaving play"). So grabbing an opponent's Syrio Forel, for example, is of limited benefit.

#14 Reldan

Reldan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

The benefit I'm thinking would be that unlike most other cards you might put into play via Ten Towers, the card being in Shadows doesn't immediately deactivate your Ten Towers, and you get to pay the iron price for it (and not the inflated out-of-house gold price you pay marshalling anything else).

#15 Reldan

Reldan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Different question on this then - I know that if multiple cards leave play at the same time the owner chooses the order they go into the dead or discard pile.  What about for cards discarded off the top of the deck?

If I play a card that discards X cards off the top of your deck, will they go to the discard pile in the order they come off the deck, or do you get to look at all X cards and reorder them into your discard pile.

#16 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

When a player uses an effect, such as Fleabottom Scavengers, to draw 3 cards - they are still drawing 1 card at a time.  I would assume the same is applied to discarding cards from the top of the deck.  So they will be discarded 1 at a time, in the order they are already.   

I would also bet the rule is only in the context of when cards are leaving play to those areas at the same time, but your deck is not in play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS