Legality of Star Wars Dice App

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

1.  The Dice App does not seem to be outright restricted from tournament play, although it is not approved.  The answer seems obvious to me, but may not be for others.

2.  I wouldn't prefer to use the app in anything other than friendly games, because handing my iPhone or iPad to another player doesn't fit my precautionary side with my expensive electronics.  Yet, another player may not mind. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#2 GeekZap

GeekZap

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

My biggest issue with the dice app is the price! Maybe if I played the RPG I could justify the $5 price tag. 

Plus, I just like rolling dice!

#3 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

I realize this information comes too late for Worlds, but I did receive a response to this question:

"The Star Wars dice app is legal for tournament play.  The device running the app must be used on the playing surface in full view of both players."

#4 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hey, that's really good to know. I have a related question: do you need to have more dice than those included in the Core Set in order to play in a tournament? Currently I only own 3 agility dice and 3 attack dice, but the tournament rules say, "Each player must bring an X-Wing core set and any additional components he needs for his squad. This includes but is not limited to dice…" (emphasis added). So will I be disqualified if I just bring my measley 6 dice that came with the core set?

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Parakitor said:

Hey, that's really good to know. I have a related question: do you need to have more dice than those included in the Core Set in order to play in a tournament? Currently I only own 3 agility dice and 3 attack dice, but the tournament rules say, "Each player must bring an X-Wing core set and any additional components he needs for his squad. This includes but is not limited to dice…" (emphasis added). So will I be disqualified if I just bring my measley 6 dice that came with the core set?

I'd assume that you're ok, the rules specifically spell out how to handle rolling more dice than you actually physically have after all.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS