Deck o cards

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Crunchysam42

Crunchysam42

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

I would like to see a deck of pilot cards to expand the existing fighters. I think it would in crease your gaming options. It could just be a foil pack like magic with pilots and their bases. Like Tycho in an x wing. Or Corran Horn and whistler his r2 unit. Any ideas? Suggestions? Evil comments? :)

#2 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

I think this will happen, I doubt that we will different version of boosters.  it would make more since to do the deck o cards like you are talking about.  but who knows they may do a version two x wing with those stats in it.  they would make more money that way. I would perfer a deck of cards with those stats in it. 

#3 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

I figure this is just a foregone conclusion.  Particularly because I believe they did it with WoW.  The depth of the Rebel Alliance(And it's successors) fleet compared to the Imperial one as far as diversity of ships, is somewhat shallow.  Also, if they don't make a Corran Horn and Whistler set at some point, my newly green X-wing will be a bit lonely.   

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#4 Trooper TK421

Trooper TK421

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

While I won't speculate either way, I would dearly love to see something along the lines of card upgrade packs. I'm undecided as to whether or not I like the Idea of ship repaints with new pilots/cards…it would be a boon to those who can't or don't want to paint their own. Of course, there are resources available to those so inclined (or unwilling to wait) to create one's own vision of what the famous (or infamous) pilots of the Star Wars universe might be like in the event that FFG doesn't choose to go this route. You couldn't use them in tourney's of course, but it would be better than nothing I imagine.

#5 Crunchysam42

Crunchysam42

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Sadly, i would like a Jek Porkins. And Hobbie. But Tycho in an X-wing and Corran in his would be great!!

#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

We'll probably receive repaints with new pilots. FFG will need to keep cranking out minis to make the most of this franchise, even if they are just repaints of old minis.

#7 Trooper TK421

Trooper TK421

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Try this fantastic blog, it may have some items you might find useful. Scroll down to the bottom for a version of Porkins…among other things. I applaud this person for making a one stop shopping experience for X-wing fans.

frozengamerak.blogspot.com/p/x-wing-missions.html

#8 Extropia

Extropia

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

I reckon we'll see Tycho in an A-Wing actually. That was his "screen appearance" after all, even though he later became an X-Wing pilot.

Tycho and Pash Cracken in the A-Wing set perhaps?

#9 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Trooper TK421 said:

Try this fantastic blog, it may have some items you might find useful. Scroll down to the bottom for a version of Porkins…among other things. I applaud this person for making a one stop shopping experience for X-wing fans.

You sound like you are shilling for that blog. 

#10 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Crunchysam42 said:

Any ideas? Suggestions? Evil comments? :)

I will go for 'evil comments':

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant!

#11 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm guessing that they will have to do pilot decks at some point. There are limited amounts of ships in the SW Universe for this sort of game. Unless you go to the prequels *shudder*

#12 Trooper TK421

Trooper TK421

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

ShadowJak said:

You sound like you are shilling for that blog. 

I have no affiliation with it if that's what you mean. I simply thought that it was an excellent resource for X-Wing players and people like that should be encouraged in their endeavors.

#13 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I agree that a "booster" deck of extra pilots, astromech droids, weapons and pilot skills would be a must buy.  I would also like to see a scenario book similar to Tide of iron which could be used to supplement the starter scenarios for new players.

Since there are plenty of pilots to choose from in the star wars universe it would be odd not to see characters like Porkins added at some point in the future.

#14 Warchitect

Warchitect

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Cool if you could do Pilot for Millinium Falcon. Emergency Pilot C3-PO, Pilot skill 0. lol

#15 Crunchysam42

Crunchysam42

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

So many things i want to quote from all of you. Star Wars nerds are always the best. Now, who is guessing that Baron Fel will be in the interceptor? I must have the good Baron. R2 D2, you are insane. I will hunt you down and destroy you. 

#16 Dr. Morbius

Dr. Morbius

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Crunchysam42 said:

Now, who is guessing that Baron Fel will be in the interceptor? I must have the good Baron. R2 D2, you are insane. I will hunt you down and destroy you. 

The preview images of the Tie Intercepter clearly show Baron Soontir Fel as the skill 9 pilot…:)

#17 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Fel was an Imperial created in response to the Wedge persona.  He was basically an elite pilot or Wedge’s equal for the Imps.  So for my best guess he will likely mirror the mousy leader of Rogue Squadron with a comparable bonus to his stat line.  I am more fearful of the secondary pilots coming with him, more than likely the mirror of Biggs and a faster more maneuverable Red Squadron Pilot.  The addition of the 181 may cause us all to cry foul as to how much we invested in low cost Tie/In being reduced to filler of the rest of point max.

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS