• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Randal

Randal

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about space travel in the screaming vortex.  In normal space, I understand you need to use space ships equipped with warp engines to make it between worlds. Is this still the case within the screaming vortex?  If so, does that mean the ship, exits the vortex and enters the warp?

i was also wondering how long it takes to get between planets in the vortex.  Especially in light of my previous question, is a ship with warp engines required or not in the vortex?

Lastly, how does navigation work in the screaming vortex?  Is it the same as in normal space or are there different issues as well?

Thanks for your help.

r/

#2 Larkin

Larkin

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

It's been left deliberately vague. But I imagine it'd be much like sailing a stormy sea without any sort of charts. Cast off in the right direction and hope. Since you're in a warp anom anyway, you're moving at a decent speed as is.

This is very much a GM call.

#3 blackwell

blackwell

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Although it isn't the same area in the Warhammer 40k novel Eye of Terror by the late Barrington J. Bayley a rogue trader ends up journeying into the Eye of Terror and eventually finds out that in the Eye its possible to quickly travel across vast distances using normal ship engines, something which could normally only be done in normal space by travelling through the warp, by simply accepting that it can happen.

Now considering that, in an area saturated by the warp, certain things which can normally be taken for granted such as the normal passage of time, gravity or even evolution can be abused or even thrown out the window entirely its just a matter of probably accepting that it can happen albeit at the cost of your sanity.   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS