• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Angelic Despot

Angelic Despot

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying this game, and am being offered a second edition of the game by one retailer, while the other doesn't specify which edition they have.

Can anyone tell me how many editions there are, and how they can be told apart?   Do they have the same cover, box, etc.?

What is the difference between 1st and 2nd edition?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

There is no 2nd edition (that I know of) but there is updated copies that have errataed cards that were confusing in the original editions. I would get a latest one if possible for sake of keeping sanity while learning and managing rules.

#3 Embery

Embery

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well, You are right my friend. (at some point)

There are 2 prinitings (or simple - when 1st game copies were sold out, they made 2nd print of game)

You can tell them apart by looking beneath the game box on ID number (stripe code?!?)

IF there is (881OCT10) That means this game box is from 1st print (1st game copy)

IF there is (1002MAR11) That means this game box is from 2nd print (2nd game copy)

They are bouth the same game, but there are minor (in bouth of them) mistakes in card text javascript:void(0);/*1351063138079*/ <- click on this, it will explain more detailed about them!

So that's all, my friends!

I hope it answered your question!

P.s

Sorry about my english. Aint my native language!

#4 Ex Nihilo

Ex Nihilo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Embery said:

There are 2 prinitings (or simple - when 1st game copies were sold out, they made 2nd print of game)

You can tell them apart by looking beneath the game box on ID number (stripe code?!?)

IF there is (881OCT10) That means this game box is from 1st print (1st game copy)

IF there is (1002MAR11) That means this game box is from 2nd print (2nd game copy)

For awhile I was leery of picking up MoM because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to tell the second printing apart from the first. This info helps a-lot, Thanks!

#5 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Just to clarify…  First printing and second printing ARE different!  They are the same game, but first printing had many printing errors, and was recalled by FFG, thus the necessity of the second printing.  Because of the recall, it is very difficult to find the first printing anymore.  I suggest buying whichever of those games is cheaper, it is very likely that they are both the 2nd printing.  But, if you end up with the 1st printing, you can inform FFG and they will send you replacement cards for all the misprinted cards in the 1st printing.  Or, you could buy the Forbidden Alchemy expansion, as well, which has a set of the reprinted cards included.

#6 Angelic Despot

Angelic Despot

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks very much everyone who's posted answers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS