Arkahm Nights 2012 scenarios

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MrArkham

MrArkham

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

I heard Arkahm Nights had some exclusive Arkahm Horror scenarios played there. Anyone here that played them? What were they like? Did they give copies to play at home?

#2 Fenyx

Fenyx

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hrm, someone at the event told my wife that they would be available somewhere online but I don't seem 'em anywhere.

I took some pics though!

Hopefully that is all readable.

We played the first one and through difficulty and bad luck didn't do well at all. But I thought it was fun.

#3 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

The special rules have typo error, haven't they ?

It's written : "the following location being the game closed". Should be "the following location begin the game closed".

And on the third scenario, i'm not sure there are any closed location at the beginning of the game. Because why say that all prices are doubled otherwise… ?

But anyway, nice to share those things. I can just hope that one day there will be an expansion with all the promotional stuff. These things are hard to get in french.

#4 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

What does the story text say? I'm sure we could SE these up for Tibs Promotion Content files.

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#5 Fenyx

Fenyx

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

If you click 'em you can go to larger versions which are fuzzy but readable;

Ch 1 Story Text:

Yet of all these fears, greater still is the fear of the unknown, and no realm on that globe is more mysterious than the depts of the ocean.
Dark Waters Trilogy, Book Two: Bones of the Yopasi

Ch2 Story Text:

"Who is to say which world is the real one? Perhaps this is the real world and we go to your world when we sleep."

Ch 3 Story Text:

"I have caught glimpses of their nightmare forms, and I shall never sleep soundly again for the traces they have left in my brain. … There are beings of such cosmic proportions that the destruction of an entire city might pass beneath their notice."

#6 MrArkham

MrArkham

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I also heard there was some kind of "Mega Scenario" where every investigator is in play at once? I believe it was called "To the barricades!"

#7 Fenyx

Fenyx

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

Yeah! To The Barricades is awesome! It was actually from last year but they ran games this year too.

Last year I e-mailed the guy that arranged stuff for AN to see if it would be allright to release a scan of the rules but he never got back to me so I'm hesitant to put them out there.

#8 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Fenyx said:

Yeah! To The Barricades is awesome! It was actually from last year but they ran games this year too.

Last year I e-mailed the guy that arranged stuff for AN to see if it would be allright to release a scan of the rules but he never got back to me so I'm hesitant to put them out there.

They were already published on this very board last year, so don't worry about that. I should have them buried somewhere in my hard disk, but it seems like I'm not able to find them right now. I remember we debated them longly with Avi. Sigh. Good old times.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#9 Fenyx

Fenyx

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

I think I tracked down the thread in question; www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

I could scan in the actual pages if there is interest.

I feel like something needs to be tweaked on the Deep Ones Rising track for Barricades. In one of the games I played I had a gate open, a monster surge at that location and then all the monster jumped into the vortex putting 6+ tokens on ending the game.

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for recovering the old thread!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#11 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Fenyx said:

I think I tracked down the thread in question; www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

I could scan in the actual pages if there is interest.

I feel like something needs to be tweaked on the Deep Ones Rising track for Barricades. In one of the games I played I had a gate open, a monster surge at that location and then all the monster jumped into the vortex putting 6+ tokens on ending the game.

Thanks for digging up the old thread. For some reason I managed to find a copy of the 2011 scenarios as a PDF on my machine. If anyone wants it, just drop me a line. We really need to get all this information up in one place, possibly as part of Tibs FFG promotional material PDF on BGG, or else on the arkhamhorrorwiki.

If you've got the scan image for To the Barricades, I'd be interested in seeing it. As for tweaks, maybe just +1 Deep One Rising token per Mythos Phase.

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#12 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

I'd go with a +1 (+2 better) DOR token per vortex per Mythos Phase. Otherwise you kill the Innsmouth board :-)

#13 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Julia said:

I'd go with a +1 (+2 better) DOR token per vortex per Mythos Phase. Otherwise you kill the Innsmouth board :-)

I'd go with a +1 (+2 better) DOR token per vortex per Mythos Phase. Otherwise you kill the Innsmouth board :-) (sorry, something went wrong with the quote function)

#14 Krysmopompas

Krysmopompas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hey RE: The Arkham Nights "Flotsam & Jetsam" 3-parter you posted - nice to see FFG has thrown some more typos in there again. I really think they need a proofreader…the Psychic in one of my boxes says "Phychic" for example, and that's not the only one.

Anyway the scenario looks interesting - could make Kingsport actually attractive to play -  and thanks for posting the pix.

In part 3, the restriction reads: "The following locations being the game closed:" (see what I mean) and goes on to say "All prices at the Magic Shoppe, General Store and Curiositie Shoppe are doubled.".

Does that mean that all 3 stores are closed at the beginning of the game, and if and when they open the prices are doubled, 

or does it mean that they're all open but their prices are doubled?

And if they're closed to start, how would they open again?

thanks!

K.

(edit: looks like my exact question was asked earlier! oops. If anyone has an answer thanks in advance).

#15 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Doesn't matter for the duplicate question, since i didn't have my answers ;)

I can think of any means to open a sealed location. I'm not sure there is any means to decrease the terror level, and even if there is one i'm not sure that going down from 3 to 2 will re-open the Shop.

So i guess that is a typo from a copy and paste from the previous scenario. But i'd like some confirmation.

#16 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Unless some other scenario rule is explicitly stated, a closed location will not open back up on its own.

As for the terror level going down… Kevin reported that it was an unwritten rule that the terror level should never go down, so it doesn't. Except in ONE case: there is a Sinister Plot card against Glaaki that can reduce the terror level (since that is his attack), but this is obviously during final combat with him, so the stores aren't relevant. So effectively, this never happens.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS