Jump to content



Photo

Millenium falcon video


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 agashmirv

agashmirv

    Member

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

The Essen Game fair is going on in Germany right now. It makes Gencon look tiny. FFG is showing the wave 2 models and you get to see how big the falcon actually is.

Go forward to the 16:00 minute mark.

The falcon is about as big as Anton's hand.

javascript:void(0);/*1350863661188*/

 

Ok, that link should work now.

 



#2 Dr. Morbius

Dr. Morbius

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

 Link doesn't work…



#3 dandirk

dandirk

    Member

  • Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

 Yeah that model is going to be sick.

From what I could tell, it was 3x as long as a tie and about 4x as long (from front to back).  As you said basically the size of your palm.



#4 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

    Member

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

This picture shows a pretty good idea of the size of it.

 

http://www.google.ca...29,r:0,s:0,i:71



#5 agashmirv

agashmirv

    Member

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

 Not sure why I can't get the link to paste in. Let's try this:

javascript:void(0);/*1350863521033*/

 

javascript:void(0);/*1350863568690*/



#6 Grave13

Grave13

    Member

  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

OMG I cant belive that the  Falcon was about as big as that  guys hand.. Slave 1 is pretty big too, Im just trying to figure out how "fluff wise"  im going to fit a Slave1 into an impire list, as bounty hunters and pirate use the Fire Spray type ship, unless you want to use the Slave1 as a Merc ship to help out your impire I guess that could work………Or hey what if they make some bounty hunter ships for a third faction? …….IDK maybe im just letting my imagination run wild :P



#7 Duraham

Duraham

    Member

  • Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Grave13 said:

OMG I cant belive that the  Falcon was about as big as that  guys hand.. Slave 1 is pretty big too, Im just trying to figure out how "fluff wise"  im going to fit a Slave1 into an impire list, as bounty hunters and pirate use the Fire Spray type ship, unless you want to use the Slave1 as a Merc ship to help out your impire I guess that could work………Or hey what if they make some bounty hunter ships for a third faction? …….IDK maybe im just letting my imagination run wild :P

 

you send the merc to do your dirty work, and you send in a small group of TIE fighters to make sure he gets the job done, or else you shoot him and get the job done yourself.



#8 Grave13

Grave13

    Member

  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Duraham said:

Grave13 said:

 

OMG I cant belive that the  Falcon was about as big as that  guys hand.. Slave 1 is pretty big too, Im just trying to figure out how "fluff wise"  im going to fit a Slave1 into an impire list, as bounty hunters and pirate use the Fire Spray type ship, unless you want to use the Slave1 as a Merc ship to help out your impire I guess that could work………Or hey what if they make some bounty hunter ships for a third faction? …….IDK maybe im just letting my imagination run wild :P

 

 

 

you send the merc to do your dirty work, and you send in a small group of TIE fighters to make sure he gets the job done, or else you shoot him and get the job done yourself.

[/QUOTE

 

Thats about comical, but In the Star Wars universe I can see this happening. :P



#9 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

    Member

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

I was impressed and pleased with the overall size.  Will add a lot to the table top.  The real challenge, for me anyway, not crashing into it.  Also would have loved to see the stance of the Slave 1, I am predicting it will sit quite high. I do wonder a bit about balance issues?  Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Shawn Morris



#10 agashmirv

agashmirv

    Member

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

 I've only been putting all the ships at 1/2 as tall as 'normal'.  I planned on keeping up with that.. 



#11 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

    Member

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thats a good idea.  I have been running them with 2 pegs, but thats certainly an option. Thanks.

 

Cheers,

Shawn Morris



#12 Grave13

Grave13

    Member

  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Theterrainstudio said:

Thats a good idea.  I have been running them with 2 pegs, but thats certainly an option. Thanks.

 

Cheers,

Shawn Morris

 

I have been running my games using just one peg. its just less of a hassel for assembly and setup



#13 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

    Member

  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

WOW!  those are just stunning!

I can't wait for them to be released and my pre-order to get here.

 

 



#14 herozeromes

herozeromes

    Member

  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

They should really call it a Big-ature.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS