Multiple Targets and Henchmen Groups

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mythiasis

Mythiasis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

So I am plagued with a group that has a Way Watcher and a War Dancer.

When my players are using abilities that target multiple opponents, and they are going up against henchmen; are groups of henchmen considered a single target, or can each henchmen within a group be considered a target?

For example, can I target 3 henchmen within the same group with Arrow Storm thereby doing more damage to the henchmen group since the damage from each hit carrys over to other henchmen with that group?  i.e. I hit 3 targets for 10 damage; the GM removes 4 damage from each hit for Toughness (no soak); the henchmen group takes 18 damage ( ( (10 - 4) + (10 - 4) + (10 - 4) ) = 18 ); there are six henchmen in the group with a toughness of four, so four henchmen are killed in that group with two damage left over.

Or are henchmen groups considered one target; thereby defeating the whole purpose behind multi target attacks like Arrow Storm and Whirlwind.

Or maybe it's both.  The player can pick each henchmen group as a target or individuals within each group.  I think I like this option better.

#2 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

A henchmen group is considered one target. When cards attack multiple targets within an engagement, the player could choose to target henchmen group 1, then henchmen group 2, then the sole NPC. It's a pretty powerful effect.

Although, you could house rule that the player can target a henchmen group several times since its s group.

Cheers

Ceodryn

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

I use them as one target but narrative has to account for effects (e.g., if one bowshot kills 3 henchman strike off 3 arrows because it turns out you fired really fast).  No high fantasy 3 goblin-kabobs with 1 arrow.

#4 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Henchmen are "both". They are treated as a single target for most game rules, but actually represent a group. So, a single 'hit' by the PC might actually kill multiple henchmen that are in the group.

For the purposes of Actions, though, they are a single target

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS