Shaper deck

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

This is a pretty generic "big run" type deck.  Kate will set up her rig with efficient breakers, and a good income, then make runs at big servers and waltz her way through, nigh unstoppable.

Events: 18 total (6 influence)
Diesel X3
Modded X3
The Maker's Eye X3
Tinkering X3
Infiltration X3
Sure Gamble X3
Special Order X3 (6 influence)

Programs: 6 total (5 influence)
Gordian Blade
Magnum Opus X2
Corroder (2 influence)
Mimic (1 influence)
Ninja (2 influence)

Hardware: 9 total
Akamatsu Mem Chip X2
Rabbit Hole X3
The Personal Touch X2
The Toolbox X2

Resources: 9 total (4 influence)
Aesop's Pawnshop X2
Access to Globalsec X3
Armitage Codebusting X2
Crash Space X2 (4 influence)

The plan with this deck is to make a few runs early, before the corp can really establish a solid defense.  At that point you can rush out your rig, drawing cards and installing things rapidly with diesel, modded and your solid income.  By the time you get your rig all in play, there shouldn't be any server that can really keep you out.

Specific card strategies/thinking:
Rabbit Hole -- It's almost an autowin against NBN, it's solid against Weyland, it's reasonably priced deckthinning against the others and Aesop's Pawnshop loves to eat them up if they're unneeded.
Armitage Codebusting -- Only 2 copies because of Magnum Opus.  Make sure you leave them with the last two credits on them if you can, since sacrificing them to Aesop's Pawnshop makes that last click much more efficient.
Akamatsu Mem Chip -- I was originally intending to put in a couple more icebreakers or other programs.  As it stands, these either need to come out or I need to follow through on the programs.  I imagine they'll get pulled in favour of another The Personal Touch and I'm not sure what else.
Access to Globalsec -- Not the most efficient cards in the deck.  I love them against NBN.  They're ok against Weyland and the other two mostly don't care.  Worst case you can feed them to Aesop's Pawnshop or just not play them.  I suppose the space for extra breakers/programs could come from here, if I elect to go that route.

Thoughts, constructive criticism and suggestions welcomed. :)

#2 Surreal

Surreal

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Not a fan of Access to Globalsec because it is useless against so many corps. I would change it to 3x Sacrifical Construct which I like. That card allows you run more with more risk. I see so many players using Rototurrets and Archers (+ 2-3x Corporate Troubleshooter in every deck). Constructs can be sold to Aesop also if you don't need them. Also I am bit iffy about Mimic when you have Ninja. Mimic is only better against Shadow and Neural Katana and Mimic is Personal Touch hog. But don't see better use for that 1 influence so Mimic works. 

Otherwise deck looks solid.

#3 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thanks again for the feedback.  I like Sacrificial Construct too -- not sure why I didn't just put that in instead of Access to Globalsec from the start.  Kate seems so much easier to build than Gabe or Noise.  I'm going to try it out with the Construct first, and if then I'll try the alternate program route.

#4 R'kik D'nec

R'kik D'nec

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I would drop Access to Globalsec given you have 3x Rabbit Hole in the deck. Though until more cards come out there's always going to be a bit of chaff in a Shaper deck.

I would try and find space for a third The Personal Touch.

#5 malkavianprank

malkavianprank

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Hi

So i agree with adding sacrificial constructs.

I dropped Armitage because of Magnus Opum. The Magnus opum replaces it for good.

Why each Icebreaker only once? Only one aggressive Secretary or just once unlucky in an Trash program subroutine and your game is busted.

I play each ice breaker 3 times and drop the special order for it.

Why Corroder and not battering ram? Battering ram is much better and with 3 modded in the deck u can afford it easily early.

Replacing the pipeline is okay.

Crahs space of course gainst the Scourged earth bomb but always remember it delays only the bomb not prevent it ^^

as resolution i would drop 3 Special orders for 3 cyberfeeder (in game testing it worked excellent)  add 2 gordians blades .. dropping corroder adding 3 battering rams (much better Barrier breaker)… dropping mimic (without str. reduce not so effectiv) adding 1 ninja. (influence from corroder drop)

dropping 3 access to global sec adding Easy Markt (influence from special order)

now its 4 cards more now balance it with  dropping the armitage

the rest is kinda .. own feelings about it .. i would drop 1 makers eye and 1 laptop or so ..^^

yeah i didnt say anything about the sacrificials constructs in the resolution but its again own feeling about the deck .. if not a bit more cards or dropping others .. get the feeling with game testing^^

#6 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

malkavianprank said:

So i agree with adding sacrificial constructs.
I dropped Armitage because of Magnus Opum. The Magnus opum replaces it for good.

Why each Icebreaker only once? Only one aggressive Secretary or just once unlucky in an Trash program subroutine and your game is busted.

I play each ice breaker 3 times and drop the special order for it.

Why Corroder and not battering ram? Battering ram is much better and with 3 modded in the deck u can afford it easily early.

Replacing the pipeline is okay.

Crahs space of course gainst the Scourged earth bomb but always remember it delays only the bomb not prevent it ^^

as resolution i would drop 3 Special orders for 3 cyberfeeder (in game testing it worked excellent) add 2 gordians blades .. dropping corroder adding 3 battering rams (much better Barrier breaker)… dropping mimic (without str. reduce not so effectiv) adding 1 ninja. (influence from corroder drop)

dropping 3 access to global sec adding Easy Markt (influence from special order)

now its 4 cards more now balance it with dropping the armitage

the rest is kinda .. own feelings about it .. i would drop 1 makers eye and 1 laptop or so ..^^

yeah i didnt say anything about the sacrificials constructs in the resolution but its again own feeling about the deck .. if not a bit more cards or dropping others .. get the feeling with game testing^^

Yep, Sacrificial Construct seems like a no-brainer on reflection.
I've kept a couple Armitage because I feel it's critical to get a good money-maker early, and because with Aesop, it's a bit more efficient.
I play a single copy of each icebreaker because it saves deckspace -- yes, I'm running the risk of losing one, but I can mitigate that risk partially with intelligent play.
Corroder over Battering Ram because the Ram takes 2MU, which I hate, and because Corroder is more efficient in analysis against all barrier ICE. Metagame considerations may influence this decision, and if I end up with an enhanced program suite, I'll likely revisit the option since the third barrier breaker is trash in comparison.
Crash Space is also basically a no-brainer.

While I haven't made any changes to the deck yet, because I've had a busy couple weeks, including getting married, I also haven't had a chance to play and test any real modifications.  It's still my intention to make the changes I alluded to in my last post in this thread.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.  :)

#7 cwhttiger

cwhttiger

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

If you have the a study in static data pack and are runing with rabbit hole  i would sac the globalsac for 3 underworld contact as that gives you 1 cred at the beging of your turn if you have link 2 or higher score…thats 3 cred you auto get each turn with out having to spend a click

#8 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

profligate said:

Corroder over Battering Ram because the Ram takes 2MU, which I hate, and because Corroder is more efficient in analysis against all barrier ICE. Metagame considerations may influence this decision, and if I end up with an enhanced program suite, I'll likely revisit the option since the third barrier breaker is trash in comparison.

What, Snowball? I love Snowball.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS