Jump to content



Photo

Latest wave of SSU units


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Red Command - Interesting concept, a Command Squad with teeth. Kinda wary of spending 50pts on a single squad, though.

 

 

Red Storm - This squad gives me chills. Add a Commissar with Badass for a mere 5 AP and you can dish out 23/1 against an adjacent A2 squad every round (not counting knives). I can't imagine an SSU player EVER not using this.

 

Matrioshka - The Fury of Ivan is finally here with insanely powerful cannons. I like that only the MG that's facing upwards can target aircraft.

 

Babushka - A true infantry meatgrinder!

 

Mao Zedong - Look at all those weapons! And that Quad 85mm is pretty much the best all-around weapon in the game.

 

Vladimir Lenin - Look at that mortar!



#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

 

Red Thunder - Nothing new here, pretty similar to the Bot Hunters/Panzer Killers, but with UGLs compensating for the shorter-ranged MGs.

 



#3 Mattador Actual

Mattador Actual

    Member

  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Babushka is the first unit that makes me wanna play Soviets.  Maybe my Axis can capture one.  Surprising Mao doesn't have advanced/superior reactive fire?

edit:  Also, the penis gun?  Really?



#4 golem101

golem101

    Member

  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Loophole Master said:

Mao Zedong - Look at all those weapons! And that Quad 85mm is pretty much the best all-around weapon in the game.

Well, I'll keep true to my Sturmkonig for the time being.



#5 Lska

Lska

    Member

  • Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

The craw did too much drinking and cannot react fast. The new SSU infantry is great! If i wouldn't already spent so much money on this game i would surely go for SSU infantry!



#6 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Loophole Master said:

 

Red Thunder - Nothing new here, pretty similar to the Bot Hunters/Panzer Killers, but with UGLs compensating for the shorter-ranged MGs.

 

 

What I like about these guys is that you can add a third bazooka via a Comissar for a mere 7 points, which is a lot cheaper than adding Rosie to the Bot Hunters (granted, she does bring more than just another bazooka).



#7 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

 Not only cheaper than Rosie/Bot Hunters, but you can also add Yakov for wounds and perma cover or Red Yana for wounds and diverse firepower



#8 golem101

golem101

    Member

  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Oh God, I just realized that for only two points less than the Sturmkonig, the Mao Zedong is Damage Resilient. And has 6 tank riders. While the main guns are less capable, having three machinegun lines is a huge advantage, even if a bit underperfoming.

I really hope Tracked Vehicle balances out things, otherwise that tank is a freaking headache waiting to happen.



#9 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

golem101 said:

Oh God, I just realized that for only two points less than the Sturmkonig, the Mao Zedong is Damage Resilient. And has 6 tank riders. While the main guns are less capable, having three machinegun lines is a huge advantage, even if a bit underperfoming.

I really hope Tracked Vehicle balances out things, otherwise that tank is a freaking headache waiting to happen.

 

Yeah, I'd say that the Mao is definitely the best of SSU tanks (although the Lavrentiy looks the coolest).






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS