Favorite Chapter/Class.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BrotherTenparo

BrotherTenparo

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Title says it all, what do you like to play as? Personally I prefer Dark Angel/Unforgiven tactical/devastators. But I've also grown fond of the Imperial Fists and their successors. 

#2 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

I kind of love all the Chapters but I'm a bit more into Ultramarines and Dark Angel type of Chapters than Space Wolves or White Scars.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

If I was a player rather than a GM, I think I would want to play an Ultramarines Tactical Marine, to get the 'classic', gimmick-free Space Marine experience, and save the more narrowly focused options for subsequent campaigns.

#4 Grimze

Grimze

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I am huge fan of Salamanders and Black Templars.

The reason might come to, that Salamanders being known for their black skin and red eyes, which makes them look like devils. But they have this strong bond to their tribe and the common humans, which makes their look disguise this "still human being inside" being disguised. Also the strategy to fight enemies is awesome, lots of flamers and melta ^^

Black Templars come from the more europe-like Knight, with a neophyte ect. fighting evil for eternity and this insane fanatism to the Emperor.

Careers i like the most: Techmarine :) Crafters, skilled ranged fighters and realiable. They have always been a favorite (even more as a Salamander, supporting their Mastery of crafting).

I have a low experince as player in DW (this is because i have been the GM for quite some time).

#5 TheHeavenlyLily

TheHeavenlyLily

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Carcharodons are by far my favorite chapter published to date for DeathWatch >.>

#6 SonofDorn

SonofDorn

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Imperial Fists Tactical Marine all the way.

"The soul of the Imperial Fist can be found in his sword."

#7 BloodDrinkersSpaceMarine

BloodDrinkersSpaceMarine

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Blood Drinkers so much so from just having my deathwatch character i built up an entire company of them for the tabletop game as for class i like assault marines but make them very hit and run style sorta characters my only character to date has not died yet and being gm now im using him as their captain :)

#8 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I really like Ultramarines and Imperial Fists. I find myself surprised that 2+ of the above entries weren't genuflecting fanboys, throwing love and adoration at the Blood Angels and Space Wolves; this pleases me, as I often feel they get WAY to much attention, and gimmicky-filled codexes that make me wonder why anyone would play vanilla Ultramarines, which I like. My hands-down favorite Chapter is the Grey Knights, but some folks might not view them as a real Chapter, Deathwatch-style.

For class, I am a total fanboy for any game's Psykers, other than RT's, so Librarian wins, handsdown, with second tied for Apothecary and Techmarine. While I know it's un-Astartes-like, in a made from scratch d20 Space Marine we played, I rather preferred the Apothecary beong added onto another player, who did cool things, AND could patch us up, in a pinch. Our Tactical Marine/Sergeant footed the bill, and between dealing out good pain, barking orders to give us bonuses, and patching us up after the mobs of over the top crap we fought pelted us down, he was overall the best character. Didn't suffer from the lack of combat options many see Apothecaries missing, and had plenty to do when not patching our dumb butts up for the third time.

#9 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I enjoyed chapter 8 of 12th grade history…

oh…

You meant space marine Chapter and "Speciality", ok.

Of course Blood Angels are my preferred Chapter for anything. Blood Quest is what got me into the story of 40K which consequently got me into the games, so of course I will prefer them. All of the Specialities are fine by me really, each has its role which influences the success of a kill-team. Tacticals are probably the best in my opinions though, should have more of those.

#10 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

You may not count these, but regardless of chapter, librarian is my favorite class.

Favorites are:

1-Grey knight librarian

2-Grey Knight Strike Marine

3-Thousand Sons Sorceror

4-Salamanders Librarian

5-Raven Gaurd Assault Marine

#11 Gantz the slaughterer

Gantz the slaughterer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I' ve a lot of fun in creating my personal Space Wolf.

He is a Tact marine (bolter mastery), with some peculiarity like: 

the swift attack, taking in a duel with a dark angel…(to reflect the ability with a chiansword that usually i take)

I'm two time blessed by the emperor and gain a mark 6 corvus with:

Bring death from afar (sometimes I'm the support squad man)

and the helm of mordicus (I ask to exchange with a wolf helm…..fighting in style :)

in the end to reflect the nature of the wolf i take the wolftooth necklace (frenzy ability)

more funny, in this way I'm able to support my brother in more ways…

cheers

#12 boooh

boooh

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Can´t choose one over the other but

Chapter: Space Wolf, Dark Angel, Fire Lord´s (I like the obsession with flame weapons) no preference here

Class: Devastor definetly first, followed by Librarian and Tech Marine each as second

#13 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have always loved the Raven guard and the Ultramarines (In that order.). The Idea of Space Marine Green Berets is appealing but doesn't seem to play well in TT. 

For Class I prefer tactical or Assault Marine No heathen psykers for me thanks! ;)

#14 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Black Templars are one of my TWO favourites. They were my army's colour scheme since I started 40K, and when the 3rd War for Armageddon happened, and they got their own Codex, it was almost too good to be true. In the end I loved their mad crazy crusader scheme, and how it has evolved over the years now, to the point where they can even be considered to be the last Space Marines to be waging the Great Crusade.

And my other big favourite, even more than the Templar, is the White Scars. Because they're space Mongols, and the -movie- Mongol made me something of a weeaboo for that culture. With the book Hunt for Voldorius helping solidify my like for them and the overall theme running through them, which was further explained and helped along by Brotherhood of the Storm… can't wait for them to show up in more HH books.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS