Photo

Let's discuss something that can't possibly cause any controversy….

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

POLITICS!

With the election fast approaching, if the presidential candidates played a game of aGoT as their last debate, which house/build would each candidate play, and who would win….

GO!

#2 Mathias Fricot

Mathias Fricot

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

You are my forums hero.

Mitt: GJ Raiders
-lots of card effects
-doesnt get you a win condition

Obama: Martell Bounce
-he would have no problem being a troll
-has a better chance of winning

#3 DCRobb

DCRobb

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

dcdennis said:

POLITICS!

With the election fast approaching, if the presidential candidates played a game of aGoT as their last debate, which house/build would each candidate play, and who would win….

GO!

dcdennis said:

POLITICS!

GO!

Nerd. =P

But, of course, I will respond and condemn myself too!

It seems that Mitt was obviously playing Bara rush, as he was able to build up a lot of renown out of nowhere before Obama could react. Obama seems to be playing Martell control; perhaps he is a bit new at it too, as he certainly was not too quick to defend all that effectively. It does seem that he has gotten the hang of it though and is using his new found vengeful keyword quite a lot.

#4 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

I think Romney would play Asshai Shadows since he is Mormon and has his tax returns hidden in darkness, and Obama would play Stark Murder since he gave Bin Laden NO QUARTER!

BAZINGA!

#5 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

I actually laughed out loud.  Dennis, I sincerely look forward to meeting you at the Black Friday (Red Saturday) tourney.

Romney played Lanni kneel - his binder full of women surely must've been useful at the Lannisport Brothel.  Obama played Stark siege - claimed some power on his military challenges (Bin Laden, passionate soliloquy re: our troops and Libya), but couldn't accumulate more during the other challenges.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#6 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

dcdennis said:

POLITICS!

GO!

I think Obama would use Narrow Escape as his restricted card(let's bail everyone out from a Valar!) and play a Greyjoy deck with 3x Vale Refugees, 3x Mercenaries from Pykr, and 3x Island Refugees, and 3x Famished Deckhand.  I am thinking he would play a Greyjoy Mill deck and probably use Crown of Winter.  Either that or some kind of Lannister PBtT deck considering he does a lot of jibber jabber(I guess any politician could use this deck though).

Romney would probably work with a deck type that triggers using information or triggers off of a lot of things happening in the game.  So he'll play the wait and see approach and use events at timely moments that provide advantages.  So I'll say he'll play a form of a Martell Maesters deck with He Calls it Thinking, Citadel Politics, Game of Cyvasse, etc.

#7 Mathias Fricot

Mathias Fricot

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

I will reconsider my above post

Both are running Lannister and using misinformation.

#8 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

Bomb said:

dcdennis said:

POLITICS!

GO!

I think Obama would use Narrow Escape as his restricted card(let's bail everyone out from a Valar!) and play a Greyjoy deck with 3x Vale Refugees, 3x Mercenaries from Pykr, and 3x Island Refugees, and 3x Famished Deckhand.  I am thinking he would play a Greyjoy Mill deck and probably use Crown of Winter.  Either that or some kind of Lannister PBtT deck considering he does a lot of jibber jabber(I guess any politician could use this deck though).

Romney would probably work with a deck type that triggers using information or triggers off of a lot of things happening in the game.  So he'll play the wait and see approach and use events at timely moments that provide advantages.  So I'll say he'll play a form of a Martell Maesters deck with He Calls it Thinking, Citadel Politics, Game of Cyvasse, etc.

Bomb said:

dcdennis said:

POLITICS!

GO!

I think Obama would use Narrow Escape as his restricted card(let's bail everyone out from a Valar!) and play a Greyjoy deck with 3x Vale Refugees, 3x Mercenaries from Pykr, and 3x Island Refugees, and 3x Famished Deckhand.  

He'd run a Stark Murder deck with tons of refugees. 99% o fhis deck would be refugees! LOL

Romney would run Bara rush allied with Lanni for the gold. With shadows events that don't do anything like A Fistful of Coppers.

Ron Paul would run a Berric deck since he can't be killed, and never gets any power on his house. And he lost because Berric was blanked. :P

#9 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

Great post.

Romney is totally going to run Lannister Power Behind the Throne and do everything eh cna to help the Lannisters and their gold gain copntrol fo the Throne - just like the koch brothers want him too.

Obama is playing Stark defense, trying to protect the smallfolk while using targted kill where needed.

#10 jack merridew

jack merridew

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Romeny is running a Targaryen deck that has a lot of moving parts, sometimes it looks dangerous sometimes it looks weak but most of the time no one knows what the hell is going on

Obama is Running Stark Siege, starts strong, has a few hiccups and looks beatable until it rises up again freezing you where you stand like Fear of Winter

#11 kr4ng

kr4ng

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

Obama is running an attachment only deck featuring enslaved and heavy taxes--his two favorite cards.

Romney is probably running the same deck but telling everyone it is different somehow.

#12 HoyaLawya

HoyaLawya

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

They're both playing lannister with summer tax. One has a summer deck, the other has a winter deck.

#13 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Obama is running an out of date agendaless Stark murder build he attempted to update by adding a bunch of Ladies. It started out well and used his targeted kill to good effect in the first few rounds, but for some reason he played Many Powers Long Asleep at the first debate and has been steadily ceding board control to Romney's solid but unexciting Quentyn control deck. 

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

#14 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Amuk said:

Obama is running an out of date agendaless Stark murder build he attempted to update by adding a bunch of Ladies. It started out well and used his targeted kill to good effect in the first few rounds, but for some reason he played Many Powers Long Asleep at the first debate and has been steadily ceding board control to Romney's solid but unexciting Quentyn control deck. 

Quentin Romney…that's the name of one of his sons, right?

#15 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

AGoT DC Meta said:

Amuk said:

Quentin Romney…that's the name of one of his sons, right?

Who can keep track?

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS