Millennium Falcon "Upgrades"

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would like to hear what your thoughts are on the "upgrades" (Nien Numb: Co-pilot and Luke Skywalker: Gunner) for the Millennium Falcon.

I just read a snippet regarding the upcoming X-Wing expansions (Wave 2) in this issue of the Star Wars Insider.  For those who get the Insider, you can find it on page 68.

It should be fun to play the Falcon with Luke in the turret.  New "house rule" -- Every time Luke take out a TIE Fighter, the opponent needs to say, "Great, Kid!  Don't get cocky."  Or if you want to pay homage to Family Guy "Blue Harvest", "Great kid! Don't get penis-y!"

#2 Only Warlock

Only Warlock

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

A Card that makes you roll to determine if something breaks down (Like, say the ability to move or shoot) or you get a free "action" for a round.

"Fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy"

#3 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I don't get the insider, so can you tell what else it said there?

That would help for giving an opinion.

Be seeing you.

#4 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I wonder how well the upgrade cards can translate across other ships. Does FFG basically intend for one kind of upgrade only available to one kind of ship (like will the ion cannon card ONLY be relevant to the Y-Wing?). Like where else would gunner: Luke be used?

Seems like "crew" might be the next upgrade category introduced to the game (Since Wave 1 gave us missiles and turrets).

#5 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Magadizer, the article just gives a very brief description on the Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack and the certain upgrades, probably since it's the most iconic hunk o' junk in the galaxy.

#6 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

SteveSpikes said:

Magadizer, the article just gives a very brief description on the Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack and the certain upgrades, probably since it's the most iconic hunk o' junk in the galaxy.

You still haven't told us what it says.

#7 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

This is it!

#8 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

It's cool that it is a big high res picture but I was hoping for actual pictures of the cards to see what the squad costs are.

#9 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I wish that was the case.  I was a little disappointed when I found it.  But that's it.

#10 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

I wonder how Luke being a gunner is going to work. We he not be available to pilot an X-Wing at the same time? It would only make sense.

#11 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm sure he'll be unique.  I would be upset if you could have him in the Falcon and in an X-wing.

#12 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

drkjedi35 said:

I'm sure he'll be unique.  I would be upset if you could have him in the Falcon and in an X-wing.

Clone Wars Redux

#13 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

It could mean that you can use that pilot's stat card when firing with the turret. It would utilize the skill number and maybe some other abilities from the pilot card?

#14 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

1.  I'm assuming the fourth pilot card will be 'YT-1300 Captain' or something to that effect.  A generic pilot. 

2.  I'm pleased that Nien Nunb is an upgrade and not an actual pilot.

3.  For reasons I can not properly explain, I am displeased that Luke is an upgrade.  I feel as if they wanted to do that scenario, they could have provided additional rules for that in the scenario itself.  He was not a full-time turret gunner, and to my memory, he never sat in the chair again throughout the Expanded Universe.  My fluff-oriented mind will probably just have to find some way to wrap around it. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#15 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

CaptainRook said:

1.  I'm assuming the fourth pilot card will be 'YT-1300 Captain' or something to that effect.  A generic pilot. 

3.  For reasons I can not properly explain, I am displeased that Luke is an upgrade.  I feel as if they wanted to do that scenario, they could have provided additional rules for that in the scenario itself.  He was not a full-time turret gunner, and to my memory, he never sat in the chair again throughout the Expanded Universe.  My fluff-oriented mind will probably just have to find some way to wrap around it. 

If you look closely, the 4th card even has worse stats. It looks like 2 1 6 4 instead of 3 1 8 5. Besides being for lore reasons, it would have been impossible to have more than one on a team and still have any other ships.

#16 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

ShadowJak said:

CaptainRook said:

If you look closely, the 4th card even has worse stats. It looks like 2 1 6 4 instead of 3 1 8 5. Besides being for lore reasons, it would have been impossible to have more than one on a team and still have any other ships.

My concern with anything with a '1' in that slot is being able to afford enough other ships to keep it from being so easily targetted.  I just can't imagine the YT-1300 being very cheap.  I haven't applied your math to it, but I'm estimating they're going to easily be 45-60 points.  It's stats indicate that it's a bit of turtle, I'm hoping the turrets and it's maneuvering profile make it more of a Ninja Turtle, because in a 100-pt game, I may be only able to afford two more ships. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#17 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

My guess is the 1 skill pilot will cost 26 points and the 9 skill will be 56. This is of course with no upgrades. I can't even begin to speculate how much those might add up to be.

#18 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

ShadowJak said:

I wonder how Luke being a gunner is going to work. We he not be available to pilot an X-Wing at the same time? It would only make sense.

Well, there could be a Luuke Skywalker card out there.  . . . . On second thought, that wold be a bad idea, since it would bring the EU into the game waaaay too early. :)  Let's leave the game the way it is . . . . for now.

#19 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

CaptainRook said:

1. I'm thinking the same thing.  Either that or it will be C-3PO or Leia.

2. I agree.  I think there will also be a Chewie co-pilot.

3. I like Luke as an upgrade.  I understand what you meant about the scenario thing, but for those of us who enjoy tournament play more, we still have a chance to put Luke in the turret chair if we want to.  I'm sure there will be other options for the turrets if you don't want to use Luke.  No he wasn't a full time turret gunner, but he won't be in this game either.  Just an option if you want that in your squad.

Roy

#20 Zembar_

Zembar_

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

CaptainRook said:

I hate to be that guy, but he does a lot of gunnery in the falcon. For instance leaving Coruscant at the end of Dark Journey. (Convenient example since I finished it yesterday, can give you some more if you like. )

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS