• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Won it two times already, with pretty neat(for me) scores: 87 and 76.

Used a mix of spirit and lore, Eowyn for questing, Eleanor for treachery control and Denethor for enhanced deck control(Riversong in the deck too).

What my question about this one card, Lore of Imladris, which was the key to both my victories.

As soon as I got rid of Rhogsobel, I unleashed full quest assault, finishing the remaining progress in one questing phase, then I used Lore to heal all damage from Wilyador, and thereafter winning the quest having 0 Athelas.

So, my question is: Is Wilyador a legal target for Lore of Imladris?

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Absolutely. JtR would be even more difficult if LoI didn't work on him, you'd have to get those Athelas out. Wily is a character, so a legal target.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

And that also applies to Healing Herbs or even Warden of Healing

Carlos José Matos

#4 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

I thought each healing effect (even if it claims full heal) can only heal 5 damage max on the eagle.

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

ArachneJericho said:

I thought each healing effect (even if it claims full heal) can only heal 5 damage max on the eagle.

this is true- also i believe characters are discarded after healing the eagle

altogether this is a very hard quest based on luck and fast card draw

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#6 ArachneJericho

ArachneJericho

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Confirmed on the cards:

Wilyador: "Wilyador cannot be healed of more than 5 wounds by a single effect."

And then the second phase of the quest: "Forced: After a card effect heals Wilyador, remove that card from the game."

Which would, for instance, remove Elrond from the game if you choose to use his healing amplification Response.

#7 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Well, it seems I missed the part about 5 damage healing cap. I still won those scenarios though because I captured all Atheles encountered just for sports and they were enough to fully heal him. 

#8 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

@Rich and ArachneJericho: In fact if you are in Stage 2b the cards that remove damage from Wilyador are discarded, even Warden of Healing.

But, if you have a way to remove Rhosgobel from the staging area in stage 1b you can heal Wilyador without removing from play the card that heals him. You can do this by Snowbourn Scout, Nothern Tracker or Asfaloth.

And this is possible because the stages don't instruct you to travel to Rhosgobel. Only the card says that you cannot travel to it before stage 1b is completed. It doesn't say you can explore it.

So you can stay in stage 1b and heal Wilyador to an extent that you can in 1 turn complete stage 2b and completely heal Wilyador.

@MyNeighbourTrololo: I did my answer yesterday without seeing the cards, so for that sorry

Carlos José Matos

#9 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

I admit I did not see this "loop hole". Gives an interesting option on how to deal with this quest (mind you there are quite a few quests that call for stalling in first stage but still I like the other possible approach). 

#10 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I thought about removing Rhogsobel from the staging area in the first quest stage, but with my low card pool it was pretty difficult so I forgot this Idea(rangers are costy and rare, those dunedain progress switching guys are costy too and you need another location for this). And stalling the game increases your score which is bad if you track your score. For me it was the faster - the better. I guess I'm lucky to find some Atheles at my strider journey. 

#11 ruchlas

ruchlas

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Well, it seems I missed the part about 5 damage healing cap. I still won those scenarios though because I captured all Atheles encountered just for sports and they were enough to fully heal him. 

It seems someone has not read the text…

To prevent such questions from appearing read the card texts please…

"Cannot be healed of more than 5 wounds by a single effect."  More than obvious.

#12 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Suddenly Gimli's smile is looking smug-- let's not reopen this can of worms….

#13 ruchlas

ruchlas

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS