PDS Limit question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nikas Zekeval

Nikas Zekeval

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

I was a bit confused by the PDS limits in an introductory game.  For multiplanet systems is the limit two per planet, or two per system (I was told the later)?  If setting up in a multiplanet system, is it legal to put down four PDS in dual world systems, or even all six PDS if I take one of the triple planet systems from SE?

#2 Ugluk

Ugluk

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

It is 2 per planets, so yes Hacan can have 6 PDS in their Home system, or you can get 6 of them in the Rigel or Ashtroth/Loki/Abaddon system.

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:48 AM

Coupled with Deep Space Cannons, that can be an excellent way to defend your territory, too!  (Though some don't like it because it could encourage turtling).

#4 Nikas Zekeval

Nikas Zekeval

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

OTOH having a good defense grid like that with could encourage combat, since you'd be more able to send ships out to attack rather than keeping them in your own systems for local defense.

#5 toritaka

toritaka

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Nikas Zekeval said:

OTOH having a good defense grid like that with could encourage combat, since you'd be more able to send ships out to attack rather than keeping them in your own systems for local defense.

Nikas that sounds like how I would handle it. I may have to give that a shot in our next game (if I am lucky enough to end up with a multi-planet system.).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS