• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Torva Minoris

Torva Minoris

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hello,

I occasionally run Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy games and one idea I've come up with is a Tzeentch daemon that hordes wonderous and significant items from the 40k universe and likes to barter and trade them in return for more of the same.

I'm asking for help coming up with items strange and significant enough to be hoarded by the Daemon, so far I have:

• A Primarch gestation capsule (perhaps with XI stencilled on it)
• A deactivated Iron Man
• A halo device
• a 10,000 year old copy of the imperial truth (claiming the emperor isn't a god as there are no gods)
• A vial of Horus’ blood
• An Alpha Legionnaire preserved in a Bell Jar
• The Lost Runefang
• A spoon with a slaaneshi Daemon bound to it that makes everything taste great, unless the mastery test is failed…

what would be cool to find in the 40k universe? I want to know your ideas!!

#2 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

A photograph of the Daemon (before he was a Daemon, though there are still some features recognizable in the photo) shaking hands with the Emperor.

One of the Immortal Sensei, bound within a chamber by terrible wards and forced to play poker (or Cribbage, Uno, Jenga, etc) with the Daemon.

A mangled (but repairable) suit of Squat Exo-Armour.

A Warrant of Trade with the Emperor's signature in blood (from Matt Farrer's 'Legacy').

A complete set of Lincoln Logs (very, very old).

A piece of what appears to be a savior pod's hull with the letters A.S.A. on it (it appears the first letter has been obliterated by horrible scorching).

Goge Vandire's baby rattle. 

A complete and unabridged account of the Horus Heresy, spanning 369 monstrously-sized volumes, all in the same handwriting, authored by "Malcador".

A massive collection of finely sculpted figurines representing Astartes, Sororitas, Inqusitors, Lesser Daemons, all with individual names stenciled on their bases and sculpted by the Daemon, representing his kill tally.

A detailed star chart and map painted on the ceiling in blood and other unidentifiable medium showing the exact route of one particular Black Ship, including it's secret path into the Sol system.

A Remembrancer's "press badge" (Ander Cooperson) allowing unrestricted access to chronicle the Victory of Ullanor.

One of those memory games, with the pictures on the tiles representing the Primarchs (four of the tiles are missing).

A hanging mobile, including every (horribly twisted, melted, and blasted) individual component of a Shadowsword Super-heavy Tank (crew optional).

A gold snuff box with the initials D.H.H. engraved on it (purported to belong to a long-dead Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus).

Hope this helps.

#3 Kid Kyoto

Kid Kyoto

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Several skeletons still in their uniforms/armor, displayed next to the bullet that killed them.  (there's a real exhibit like this in Yasakuni Shrine in Tokyo)

3 vials of unbreakable glass containing an amber liquid.  Anything that might shatter the vials also vaporizes the liquid.

A scroll that, when read, changes to a language the reader understands and tells the reader what others really think of him/her.

Photos of a character's parents holding the character as a baby.

A newspaper (or other document) from an obscure world but dated 2000 years in the future.

A menu from a formal dinner held in the Imperial Palace on Holy Terra.

Pictures of the planet's Cardinal engaging in some unsavory acts.

A glowing green ring, a gauntlet with 5 gems on it, a blue police box, one gold ring, a black falcon statue from somewhere called Malta,  a sword embedded in a stone, and any other in-jokes you might want to include.

The Voyager Probe, complete with the iconic plaque.

#4 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I think Trazyn has some fun stuff. An ancient space marine, Thor's head…

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS