• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flipperlord

flipperlord

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hello.

I hope my "pun-ful" title attracted you here. :)  Anyways, I have a question for the "rules maesters" about the lovely event from Martell, Burning on the Sand… here it is:

If the opponent declares a challenge with any number of characters, I kneel a vengeful character to oppose it, I have fewer strength than the opponent and would normally lose the challenge, AND i play Burning on the Sand to cancel the determination of the challenge winner, am I still considered the "loser?"  Therefore, if I am considered to lose the challenge, will my vengeful character stand (if I choose to stand it)?

Thanks a bunch!

:)

#2 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have to believe that if "no one wins the challenge" then no one loses it either.  And if you don't lose it, you can't trigger vengeful.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#3 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Correct; 

Vengeful only triggers "After you lose a challenge as the defender", and you never lost that challenge - you cancelled the determination of the winner.

#4 flipperlord

flipperlord

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the prompt answer :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS