Dungeons Deep and Caverns Dim

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Has anyone got anywhere near this with 4 players?

the set-up just seems ridiculous:

Threat 8 location in the staging area, immune to player card effects (so you can't ignore it's threat, reduce the threat, travel to it, or explore it.)

8 Cards coming off the encounter deck per turn

every time you lose a riddle Bilbo takes minimum one damage, which you can't heal as he also is immune to player card effects. Likewise, you can't snare or otherwise kill Gollum due to the immune to card effects.

The only really doable way to deal with riddles seems to be building monosphere decks, ideally with little variation in card cost and/or very heavy on a single card type. Evidently, what they gain from that build they're going to lose in general game-play utility.

#2 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Its just a very difficult quest; havent done it with four players but i'd imagine its insane.  I've tried it with 2 and 3 players and lost each time.  The goblins just stack and stack and it only takes a few lost riddles to be done.  I've beaten it solo,  but things are generally much more manageable when playing solo.

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

oh this one is crazy- tried it 1 and 3 players and lost each attempt….definatly one you need a tailored made deck for

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

I beat this coop, one deck being very uniform in having many events, cost 1 and Tactics cards. This deck was set as the first player and was trying to take as many riddles as possible.

To answer your question though, I have not tried it 4 players. 3 was very difficult. For four players you need at least 2 very uniform decks, I believe. The good thing about them is that they usually are Tactics which will also help you with the masses of enemies coming at you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS