• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dabates

dabates

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Hello everyone,

Just got the game, and I'm a little fuzzy on the rules about upgrades.

Currently we are just playing with the core set… and we (my son and myself) aren't playing missions,..we are just doing fun little skirmishes…

So when doing it this way, the rules don't really mention anything about using upgrades this way.  Would it be fair to start each ship (2 Tie and 1 X Wing) with 1 ship upgrade each?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks

#2 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

There's a 31 point recommended format for the core set, especially for the missions should you wish to have a bit of customizations

#3 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

dabates said:

Hello everyone,

Just got the game, and I'm a little fuzzy on the rules about upgrades.

Currently we are just playing with the core set… and we (my son and myself) aren't playing missions,..we are just doing fun little skirmishes…

So when doing it this way, the rules don't really mention anything about using upgrades this way.  Would it be fair to start each ship (2 Tie and 1 X Wing) with 1 ship upgrade each?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks

1. There is a rules question sub forum

2. Don't waste your time with the quick-start rules

3. The answer to your question is in the rule book. 

Normally, people asking questions that are in the rule book isn't that bad, but this one was a bit much.

There are icons at the bottom of the ship cards. For every icon, that ship can have an upgrade. The 2 teams should have decided on a point cap before the game and built their teams to not exceed that cap.

#4 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Check the squad building rules on pg 18 of the rulebook.  That gives you the information you need about the upgrades.

One upgrade each is not the way to think about it.  Each upgrade costs points that go towards your squad build total.  Some upgrades are only 1 point while others are more.  If you read through that section of the rulebook, it explains it pretty well.  Good luck with the game.  I'm sure you'll love it as much as most of us do.

Roy

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS