Peer Talents

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vehzeel

vehzeel

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Do you find them useful? Which ones are most useful? I ask both players and DMs alike.

#2 exseraph

exseraph

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

I think they're useful, but that could be because of the type of games I prefer.

In a game that's very combat heavy, you might not get much out of them compared to some shooty or stabby talents.

In a game with more social interaction, though, they can be very handy and can make for good roleplaying hooks. If you have Peer (Imperial Guard), for instance, they might give you access to locations that are normally off limits, but then might also expect your help if they have a traitor in their ranks. If you deal with an organization a fair bit - say, if you're investigating the Ecclesiarchy to find hidden heretics coughApostasyGambitcough - then having Good Reputation (Ecclesiarchy) will help a lot.

They get more useful in Ascension, too - influence rolls, in which you use power to influence other organizations, are affected by peer and good reputation talents.

#3 Macharias the Mendicant

Macharias the Mendicant

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

As to which ones are the best, that really depends on the character and the style of game you're playing. If the Acolytes tend to take a "kick down the door" approach to their work, then they might appreciate having allies in the Imperial Guard, the Arbites or maybe even some Astartes to call upon from time to time. On the other hand, characters who enjioy a good deal of infiltration, espionnage and information-gathering would do well with Underworld or Administratum. Rogue Trader peers or Chartist captains means it's easier to score a lift.

I love the Peer talents even if only to add some sense of who a characters friends are in the various organisations of the Imperium as well as where their loyalties lie. As exseraph said, they get even better at Ascension levels.

#4 breez

breez

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Peer talents can be useful.

In one session, my group wanted to infeuence the selection of a new Enforcer general on SInophia. They came up with a plan on how to infeuence various organizations (govt, nobility, underworld) and actually succeded.

As for the most useful Peers, I guess it really depends on your game.  Peer (arbites & underworld) would probably be very good in an investigation type game. Peer(Nobility ) if you have to infiltrate a noble house. Peer (inquisition) is probably very useful if your playing ascension.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS