• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Upcoming

It might not seem like much, but the last time I checked before this, they were still listed as being "In Development."

Unfortunately, the description of "At the Printer" says it could take months for them to arrive although the descriptions for the ships themselves says 4th quarter 2012.

We are already in 4Q 2012, so I'm not sure they'll be out for Christmas. There is some hope though; Because they already had some of the ships on display, that might mean the plastic parts are already done and they are just making the cardboard and paper now.

TL;DR I want my Interceptors now or at least a preview of them.

#2 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm dying for the new pieces as I feel they will add so many more possibilities for both sides…but I can wait! Wallet is still recovering from my initial purchase.

#3 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

I really, really want them out for Christmas so I can put the X(-Wing) back in Xmas!

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#4 Spike1382

Spike1382

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

SuperSoldier said:

I'm dying for the new pieces as I feel they will add so many more possibilities for both sides…but I can wait! Wallet is still recovering from my initial purchase.

But you will only need more than one of two of them. Of course the other two will cost $30… I have an urge to own 3 of everything at least, so that is still less. :P

#5 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Lol yea, but with my girlfriend playing imperials I need both sides. So 60$ for the Falcon and Slave I, and probably minimum another 60$ for two of both the A-Wing and Interceptor.

#6 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

SuperSoldier said:

Lol yea, but with my girlfriend playing imperials I need both sides. So 60$ for the Falcon and Slave I, and probably minimum another 60$ for two of both the A-Wing and Interceptor.

Dude! Your girlfriends plays - spend the money on the game!  YOU MUST NOT LOSE HER!  

Seriously, do you know how lucky you are that she wants this and not girlie-girl stuff?  

#7 furiousangel

furiousangel

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

My FLGS was told the release date of 30/11/12 for the next round of ships.

#8 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

cmdrcody said:

SuperSoldier said:

Dude! Your girlfriends plays - spend the money on the game!  YOU MUST NOT LOSE HER!  

Seriously, do you know how lucky you are that she wants this and not girlie-girl stuff?  

I must admit I'm super lucky, especially as she is pretty damn attractive (May or May not be a biased opinion) and the whole gaming thing wasn't something that was around at the beginning of our relationship but something I picked up along the way. I'm also big into comics and the miniatures game Heroclix which she played but honestly didn't enjoy the game, but X-Wing she said is a ton of fun. I do the occasional shamncy dinner, movie night, stuff and it's well worth it as she comes every saturday with me and spends the entire day at the game store! Just have to get around her trash talk which gets embarassing when I continuously roll no greater than a single hit against her Vader, in close range, with a target lock, and focus……

On an aside, I really wish the A wing has a rookie pilot cheaper than the X-Wing…anyone think that feasible or just pipe dreams with it's agility, hull, AND shields. Would make the Rebel fleets SO much more flexible.

#9 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

The lowest skill A is 1. The lowest skill X is 2. It is hard to tell from the picture but the 8 skill A wing looks like it might be 28, which is in line with the X. If it is in line, then the 1 skill pilot should be less than the rookie X.

However, we don't even know if the cards in the picture will be the ones in the final product. They might have changed since the posting.

#10 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

True. I've also noticed the 1 skill Interceptor looks to be about 18 points. It has a better attack rating than the A-Wing, but the A-Wing has it's shields. It'll be interesting to see how they value offense/defense. An 18 pt. A-Wing would be amazing, just as another ship to be able to fit in a 4 ship rebel build.

#11 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

SuperSoldier said:

True. I've also noticed the 1 skill Interceptor looks to be about 18 points. It has a better attack rating than the A-Wing, but the A-Wing has it's shields. It'll be interesting to see how they value offense/defense. An 18 pt. A-Wing would be amazing, just as another ship to be able to fit in a 4 ship rebel build.

I think it's a 19. I'd be more happy with 18, though.

#12 Ellyrik

Ellyrik

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

A-wing number 8 seems to cost the same of an equivalent x-wing, maybe it's only 26 points! Compared to the x-wing attack and defense are switched that makes tha a-wing less efficient, according to me, since red dice have more hits than green dice have evasions. A also gets boost and evade actions but doesn't include an astromech or torpedoes and instead has missiles (!). I think the A-wing won't be that low cost ship we expected for rebels :(

On the other hand, TIE interceptor gets an additional attack die than TIE fighter and also the boost action. That difference would cost 6 points !? (18-12) I hope the preview shows "13" instead of "18" ^_^' One can dream…

#13 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Ellyrik said:

A-wing number 8 seems to cost the same of an equivalent x-wing, maybe it's only 26 points! Compared to the x-wing attack and defense are switched that makes tha a-wing less efficient, according to me, since red dice have more hits than green dice have evasions. A also gets boost and evade actions but doesn't include an astromech or torpedoes and instead has missiles (!). I think the A-wing won't be that low cost ship we expected for rebels :(

On the other hand, TIE interceptor gets an additional attack die than TIE fighter and also the boost action. That difference would cost 6 points !? (18-12) I hope the preview shows "13" instead of "18" ^_^' One can dream…

I reverse engineered the ship stats last night. The 1 skill Interceptor will be a 19 (just like in the picture apparently). I calculated the 1 skill A-Wing's cost and it came out to 15.75. Depending on how they round and give a certain other penalty, the A-Wing might cost 15, 16, or 17. I'm leaning toward 16. I think the 8 skill A-Wing will cost 24 (possibly like in the picture).

I'm not sharing the formulas just yet. I'm going to write up a fairly long post explaining it in a day or two.

#14 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

ShadowJak said:

Ellyrik said:

I reverse engineered the ship stats last night. The 1 skill Interceptor will be a 19 (just like in the picture apparently). I calculated the 1 skill A-Wing's cost and it came out to 15.75. Depending on how they round and give a certain other penalty, the A-Wing might cost 15, 16, or 17. I'm leaning toward 16. I think the 8 skill A-Wing will cost 24 (possibly like in the picture).

I'm not sharing the formulas just yet. I'm going to write up a fairly long post explaining it in a day or two.

I'd be very happy with a 16 pt. ship for my rebel fleet. Taking the A-Wing's Stats into account, I think it could be deadly against those pesky generic TIE fighters. Will survive a long time, and will help get rid of those evade/focus tokens for wedge to blow them into oblivion with a little help from swarm tactics.

#15 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Shadowjack, I'm quite curious as to your formulas, and look forward to your detailed post. 

While I can certainly see how the formulas could work - they'd be reasonably complex but not indecipherably so, I'm puzzled as to how you can factor in the unknown: "Boost" ability. I've seen ideas tossed around, but without a knowledge of what it does (and if/how its value scales with pilot skill like Barrel Roll must), that must be a major unknown.

#16 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

-Istaril said:

Shadowjack, I'm quite curious as to your formulas, and look forward to your detailed post. 

While I can certainly see how the formulas could work - they'd be reasonably complex but not indecipherably so, I'm puzzled as to how you can factor in the unknown: "Boost" ability. I've seen ideas tossed around, but without a knowledge of what it does (and if/how its value scales with pilot skill like Barrel Roll must), that must be a major unknown.

It isn't as complex as you'd think. They do tweek some numbers up based on pilot abilities and other balance issues. 

I did a regression analysis to figure it out but I didn't plug the stat numbers straight in. I'll talk about it more when I'm not typing from my phone. 

#17 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

-Istaril said:

-Istaril said:

It isn't as complex as you'd think. They do tweek some numbers up based on pilot abilities and other balance issues. 

I did a regression analysis to figure it out but I didn't plug the stat numbers straight in. I'll talk about it more when I'm not typing from my phone. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS