Wonderful Intermediate Transport Option

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Battlefoam has already released a fairly ingenious transport tray for X-Wing.  It fits into the box, and has a fairly decent balance of slots.  I say 'intermediate' because once Wave 2 hits, it probably won't be very practical for me, but I'm assuming they'll have other options by then. 

Anyways, here's the link:

us.battlefoam.com/products/Star-Wars-Game-Foam-Kit.html

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this. But what I really want is a transport option that allows me to keep at least one peg in the bottom of each fighter because I am always afraid I'll break them.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#3 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Parakitor said:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this. But what I really want is a transport option that allows me to keep at least one peg in the bottom of each fighter because I am always afraid I'll break them.

No problem!  Always wanting to help my fellow pilots out!

I'd be more worried that leaving the peg in would cause me to be more likely to break it in transport, or worse, crack the mounting joint of the model itself.  I'm storing all of my pegs and bases in a chessex dice cube for now, because losing them is also a major concern. 

#4 Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

My only problem with this otherwise amazing Battlefoam tray is that is only has room for 4 TIEs and I'm going to have at least 5 after I finally add a TIE expansion to my 2 core sets.

#5 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

This is why I said 'intermediate', because once Wave 2 comes out, this thing is pretty much entirely obsolete for me.  We're on the horn with them tomorrow for a monthly order, so I'll find out if they have any further plans. 

#6 SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Only reason I'm not ordering is because it has Imperials and Rebels in the same foam box, and long term I'm really thinking towards seperating them for organization purposes.

#7 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

My Box 

The UPC

#8 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words… or at least $15

#9 Fenrission

Fenrission

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Just ordered two trays.  Don't forget that they will custom cut foam trays.  Since they already have the outlines in the computer, just tell them how many of what type you need.  May cost a little extra but worth it.

#10 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

So do you pull out the squares yourself on those Portable Warfare foam boards? If so, I guess you have room for a lot more models, and of various sizes.

Be seeing you.

#11 frogimus

frogimus

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

magadizer said:

So do you pull out the squares yourself on those Portable Warfare foam boards? If so, I guess you have room for a lot more models, and of various sizes.

Yes.  And can glue them back in if needed

#12 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Battlefoam does have the patterns in their custom tray creator, and I have indeed designed a more suitable(for me)transport tray. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS