German Ambush Camo Pattern

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Daegren

Daegren

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

So I haven't painted models in years, and still need to brush off the "dust".

Just thought I would share my first pass on a German Ambush Pattern. 

I didn't add any damage, mud, or fading.  I looked online and noticed dozens of clean looking German tanks in the ambush camo pattern, and I just figured I would leave it 'pure'.

Though I do need to polish up a few spots I missed.

#2 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Looks good.

A couple of minor things, your spots are a little dense and you should have brown spots in the khaki areas.

I keep being hesitant about what patterns to use on my walkers. This does look good. 

A little wear and tear around the feet and some light mud never goes amiss, but the factory clean look has it's place.

#3 Daegren

Daegren

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, there are a half dozen Ambush version.  I went with the one similar to the pattern used, but wanted a "Dust" feel as well.

The Jagpanther in the photo is close to what I was going for, but I opted for less desert yellow.

I was thinking of doing a second one with the pattern you are referencing, and then giving my old hand a shot at weathering and what not.

Though there are several very nice versions to pick from, and I'm not sure if I want every mech looking different. 

Thanks for the feedback.

#4 Daegren

Daegren

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

One more pic.

Went for the more traditional dark gray with brown camo.  Think the brown turned out a bit darker than intended, but I'm going to roll with it.

2012-10-15 22.20.53.jpg

#5 Lotus

Lotus

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

That's cool. The red tint on the far left optics is a nice touch.

I wonder how a medium wash would look. I've used a medium-dark wash on a tiger before w/ a forest pattern and it worked out well.

#6 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Daegren said:

Yeah, there are a half dozen Ambush version.  I went with the one similar to the pattern used, but wanted a "Dust" feel as well.

The Jagpanther in the photo is close to what I was going for, but I opted for less desert yellow.

You know, I don't think I have ever noticed that variation of the Ambush pattern. I think every version I had paid any attention to had spots on the Yellow. 

I stand happily corrected.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS