Lycanthrope +2 at Night

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Straight to the point…..So, if you are a Lycanthrope basically you get a plus one during battle at night and in the day? (+2 at night -1 because of nightfall = +1)

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Mimm said:

Straight to the point…..So, if you are a Lycanthrope basically you get a plus one during battle at night and in the day? (+2 at night -1 because of nightfall = +1)

Against Creatures, effectively yes. So against two Enemies, you'll break even (+2 for you, +1 for each Enemy). However, you're getting +2 against another character during the Night, which might be good protection as they'll get nothing. Of course, that, sadly, doesn't really help in attacking other characters. I mean, sure, you can use that +2 if you attack another character during the Night, but since all they do is roll on the WW chart, meh, if I'm attacking, I'm looking to take a Life or an Object.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

The WW chart can be dangerous. If the character is rolling 2's, then you can kill them.

#4 Nioreh

Nioreh

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Velhart said:

The WW chart can be dangerous. If the character is rolling 2's, then you can kill them.

Im a bit disappointed in the WW chart, rolling 1 is more or less something positive :P (The peasant mob event is drowning in the rest of all the adventure cards). I would have liked it more if you were outright killed if you rolled a 1 and were already a WW (sees you as rival etc..)

#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Nioreh said:

Velhart said:

Im a bit disappointed in the WW chart, rolling 1 is more or less something positive :P (The peasant mob event is drowning in the rest of all the adventure cards). I would have liked it more if you were outright killed if you rolled a 1 and were already a WW (sees you as rival etc..)

Nah, The auto death is real bad in Talisman now. The Misfotunue spell and Reaper OUCH!! way to easy to kill any character no matter how big they are.

Thats why the Reaper is only ever a optional rule not a "Set" must have. The WW is alot better.. Works great with the game. In fact throw the Reaper away, only play on that could winter night :).

#6 Persiatic

Persiatic

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Nioreh said:

Velhart said:

Hmm, how can you claim being Lycan is something good? Only time it's good is if you are not in the lead, not strong enough or have no intentions of attacking other players. There is nothing more annoying than being in lead and all you want to do is go beat up and take the other players objects or kill them and the time card just stays at night. It gives a huge momentum for the other players to catch up.

Don't get me wrong I like the mechanic, but I wouldn't say being Lycan is something positive

#7 Nioreh

Nioreh

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Persiatic said:

Hmm, how can you claim being Lycan is something good? Only time it's good is if you are not in the lead, not strong enough or have no intentions of attacking other players. There is nothing more annoying than being in lead and all you want to do is go beat up and take the other players objects or kill them and the time card just stays at night. It gives a huge momentum for the other players to catch up.

Don't get me wrong I like the mechanic, but I wouldn't say being Lycan is something positive

Imo rolling a 1 on the werewolf-chart should definitely result in something far worse than not beeing able to take objects from others at night.. thats just rediculus 

#8 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Lycanthropy disables all PVP abilities during the Night. (Ghoul,Merchant, Thief, Vampiress,Sorcerress, etc.)It can be very bad.

You've got some overpowered goon running about at Night stealing everyone's items? Have him Cursed.

As an aside,we had the Pesant Mob transported to the Portal of  Power as a lure for the leading Lycanthrope in the Inner Region. Alas, he rolled exceptionally low on the Mines, and got through. Lucky!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS