Spell Casting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Straight to the point…..Many characters have numerous spells in their books at all times. Some characters can draw spells after they use them. DOES THIS MEAN THEY CAN KEEP CASTING AND CASTING as long as their specific spells allow?

Thankyou for your opinions…..

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Two things limit the real number of spells a character can cast.

#1: "The maximum number of Spells a character may cast during
his turn is equal to the number of Spells he had at the start of
that turn. A character may only cast one Spell during another
character’s turn." (p. 13)

#2: Any spell cast must have a legal target. So you can't cast Healing on yourself if you're at full Lives just to cycle a spell. Spellcaster with 1 spell which is the Counterspell, in a game where the other chars are non-casters, might be stuck with the spell for a very long time and unable to spell-cycle.

That said, you can still get very good mileage out of the spell deck, someone like the Warlock, especially after he gets +1 Craft, keeps drawing to 3 spells start of his turns and can potentially go through much of the spell deck even if just cycling by himself.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thankyou I can't believe I missed these spell specific rules! It sure is helping my game posting in the forum!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS