Jump to content



Photo

Super Star Destroyer Mini


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Spike1382

Spike1382

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

 Would be over 200 feet long in this scale. Anyone have a spare football field? Oh, maybe FF could use the Vikings stadium if they do an event day for Star Wars.



#2 frogimus

frogimus

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

 Who carries the maneuver template?



#3 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Technically it would be far less than 200 feet long. My math clocks the Executor in at about 127 feet using Wookieepedia's information, though that's assuming the X-Wing model itself is about an inch long; I don't have one at hand to refer to. Still, that's quite a large model to use in a so-called "miniatures" game.



#4 Dog Solitude

Dog Solitude

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

I'm getting about 229 feet based on the Wookiepedia entry of 19,000 meters in length.  Maybe we could go build one when they get the Metrodome cleaned up from the monster truck rally.  



#5 Spike1382

Spike1382

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

 We'll need the grounds crew to paint the field black and then add in some stars and nebulae. Still, with a few square miles we could recreate a small part of the battle of Endor.  Hmm, hopefully the A-Wing is out by then.



#6 Natesroom

Natesroom

    Member

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Why dont after you get one built you just use your own body and hold your hands out to the side of you and be the xwing?



#7 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

    Member

  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

MarthWMaster said:

Technically it would be far less than 200 feet long. My math clocks the Executor in at about 127 feet using Wookieepedia's information, though that's assuming the X-Wing model itself is about an inch long; I don't have one at hand to refer to. Still, that's quite a large model to use in a so-called "miniatures" game.

No, that isn't correct at all and that isn't how math works. Guessing the X-Wing is an inch long is useless.

The models are at 1:270 scale.



#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

 Isn't how math works? Gee, thanks for softening the critique, friend.

Anyway, does it really matter? It seems generally agreed upon at this point that the Executor would be too large to realistically build for this game. It would be more feasible as a national monument.



#9 frogimus

frogimus

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I seem to recall "estimation" as one of the first math concepts I learned.  



#10 Spike1382

Spike1382

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

MarthWMaster said:

 Isn't how math works? Gee, thanks for softening the critique, friend.

Anyway, does it really matter? It seems generally agreed upon at this point that the Executor would be too large to realistically build for this game. It would be more feasible as a national monument.

It is time for those fallen Imperial officers to be given a proper memorial. Bonus if I can use it as gaming terrain.



#11 lokirising

lokirising

    Member

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

I'd rather build a Death Star. Just saying.



#12 Spike1382

Spike1382

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

lokirising said:

I'd rather build a Death Star. Just saying.

That would easily be the largest free standing structure on Earth… I endorse this plan. However, it must be to scale. How about the Death Star II, as that would be multiple miles in size based on the largest and most likely dimensions given?



#13 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

    Member

  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

frogimus said:

I seem to recall "estimation" as one of the first math concepts I learned.  

Estimation isn't a math concept.



#14 Dog Solitude

Dog Solitude

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

lokirising said:

I'd rather build a Death Star. Just saying.

I think the Mall of America is probably about half the size of a 1/270 Death Star, so we could use that.  Plus, we can easily hop the light rail from the Metrodome to the MOA when we need to shift playing areas.  



#15 Spike1382

Spike1382

    Member

  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Dog Solitude said:

lokirising said:

 

I'd rather build a Death Star. Just saying.

 

 

I think the Mall of America is probably about half the size of a 1/270 Death Star, so we could use that.  Plus, we can easily hop the light rail from the Metrodome to the MOA when we need to shift playing areas.  

Hmm, I guess it would take a while for the minis to fly there, even moving at 4 or 5 speed…



#16 frogimus

frogimus

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

ShadowJak said:

 

 

Estimation isn't a math concept.

Oh, really.  Look it up.  It's usually taught in 2nd or 3rd grade, and a quite useful tool.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS