• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/StarViper-class_attack_platform

I did repeated searches on the forum to try to dig up any mention of this beautiful Expanded Universe warbird, and came up empty, much to my surprise.  This originally appeared, to my knowledge, in the N64 Classic Star Wars:  Shadows of the Empire.   It's canonical presence in the universe is between Episode V and VI, so it is contemporary with the currently available starfighters.  There is a somewhat rich environment of craft in the Expanded Universe, and the inclusion of Marek Stele as a pilot means that Fantasy Flight is well aware, and potentially inclusive, of the video games.  I would highly suggest that once all the Original Trilogy craft have been included, that this fighter be heavily considered.(Only the B-Wing, TIE Bomber and Lambda-class Shuttle remain of the Original Trilogy to be seen.)

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#2 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

The Virago is an interesting fighter, but my personal preference is for more fighters that had larger production runs (Such as the TIE Defender, R-41 Starchaser, Z-95 heahunter et all). Xizor purchased the license for the Virago, so canonically there was only one in existance until he died and dumbed-down versions were put out later.

I know that doesn't mean we'll see one eventually, but my hope is to see the TIE/D and other more interesting starfighters before we get another nearly-unique craft like the Slave I and Millenium Falcon.

#3 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'd love to see this in an expansion wave that introduces a 3 "fringe" faction, do you primary faction that utilizes bounty hunter/hutt/black sun ships… anything not widely used by the empire or rebellion, then release a pilot pack for firespray with cards for boba fett and company play fringe as well…

#4 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

MilesD37 said:

I'd love to see this in an expansion wave that introduces a 3 "fringe" faction, do you primary faction that utilizes bounty hunter/hutt/black sun ships… anything not widely used by the empire or rebellion, then release a pilot pack for firespray with cards for boba fett and company play fringe as well…

Criminals, Smugglers, Mercenaries, Pirates and Bounty Hunters are an important part of the 'verse.  Most of the stories in Star Wars that are great are the one's that include that third-party who is just trying to make due between the major factions.  Either surviving between the lines or profiting from it.  Would this be the most popular faction?  Probably not, but it has a certain appeal to a lot of us. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS