damaged sensor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Massey

Massey

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I had a look and couldn't see an answer.

Had first game today and really enjoyed it.

I had a critical result of damaged sensor array, which stops you using  the actions on your card.  Can you still use other actions though?  For example an ability from an R2-F2 unit.

We went with you could.

Cheers

#2 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I don't remember the text of that critical hit card, but if it says you cannot perform ACTIONS, then it would exclude R2-F2 and R5-D8, but not the other ones, since their special features are abilities that do not have to be performed as ACTIONS during the activation phase.

Be seeing you.

#3 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

The actual text says " You cannot perform the actions listed in your action bar."  So an X-wing would lose focus and target lock.  Any other actions that he has access to can still be performed.

Roy

#4 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

drkjedi35 said:

The actual text says " You cannot perform the actions listed in your action bar."  So an X-wing would lose focus and target lock.  Any other actions that he has access to can still be performed.

Roy

this is correct.

You can perform Marksmenship, and use r2 f2. It would be debateable if a tie could use Expert Handling…. or Garven/ Dutch give him an action token.

#5 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Funny that I answered this without checking the card, because I right afterward played a game where I got that card, and so lost my actions in my ACTION BAR, but I also interpreted it (once I was reading the actual card) just as Roy explained. I was still able to use my droid to give Biggs a much needed extra defense die.

Fortunately I didn't care much about him anyways by that point, just wanted him to stay alive long enough to let Wedge get into position to make some kills.

Be seeing you.

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Torresse said:

It would be debateable if a tie could use Expert Handling…. or Garven/ Dutch give him an action token.

Debatable, maybe, but the tokens part is easy enough.  Tokens could be given and used because they are not performing actions.  Expert Handling on a TIE could still be used because the action provided by Expert Handling is not in the TIE's action bar.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS