Photo

Buy an extra core set, or buy three expansion packs for more ships?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wazdakka

Wazdakka

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I noticed that it is cheaper to buy two core sets than it is to buy one core set and expansion packs for an additional x-wing and two additional TIE fighters.  Does anyone know if I would be missing anything by doing this?  In other words, is there anything in the expansion packs that I won't get by buying two core sets (pilot cards, upgrades, etc)?

#2 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

There are pilots and upgrades that are exclusive to the expansions. The expansions cost a bit more, but open the game up more than a second core set, in my opinion. Get three different expansions, though. ;)  And if you like the game and want more ships after that, then think economically and get the second core set. I'm working towards 2 each of all the currently released products. It's a VERY playable mix.

#3 Wazdakka

Wazdakka

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

That's what I needed to know; I'll go for the expansion packs instead of a second Core Set.  Thanks.

#4 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

qwertyuiop said:

There are pilots and upgrades that are exclusive to the expansions. The expansions cost a bit more, but open the game up more than a second core set, in my opinion. Get three different expansions, though. ;)  And if you like the game and want more ships after that, then think economically and get the second core set. I'm working towards 2 each of all the currently released products. It's a VERY playable mix.

i did something similar. started with 2 core sets (more dice and more turn templetes) and have 2 of each available xpansion, except the tie expansion but ill likely get two of those soon as i like having a few more options for upgrades to mix and match with my existing ships and pilots :)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#5 xBeakeRx

xBeakeRx

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I definitely think having two core sets is a smart idea since its cheaper than buying the ships separately AND you get some much needed extra dice and tokens. If you could only get one or the other, I guess I'd get the expansions so you have access to all the pilots and upgrades, it just kinda sucks only having 3 attack/evade dice to use since there are many times when you'll need 4.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS