Photo

Anyone else feel that the allies got shafted?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sapender

sapender

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Anyone else feel that the Allies suck at anti air? to the point where perhaps it's a tad unfair… Am I crazy?

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

For now, yeah.  Though I've been able to hold my own with Grim Reapers and Wildfires

#3 sapender

sapender

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

I may have to do the same. I just ordered antother grim reaper unit and will either pick up a wildfire or a rattler to help my cause.

#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

sapender said:

Anyone else feel that the Allies suck at anti air? to the point where perhaps it's a tad unfair… Am I crazy?

I use the current AA DT tanks and then some halftracks with the quad 50's so i dont feel thats a bad thing. I would like some Allied aircraft soon.

#5 AshDOG

AshDOG

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Don't forget the Rattler! That thing is good against air!

#6 xBeakeRx

xBeakeRx

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

You're crazy if you think the allies have been shafted in any way, they are the strongest army in the current meta. To say an army that has grim reapers as a core infantry unit, wildfires, and rattlers to support them is bad at anti-air is just wrong. 

#7 sapender

sapender

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

Well, I'm glad that I am probably wrong about the allies having no anti air. I don't play in tournaments so I'm not sure about this meta game stuff. I only have one grim reaper unit at the moment with none of the anti air walkers you have mentioned. I will probably pick up some additional grim reapers today as well as a wildfire.

#8 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

sapender said:

Well, I'm glad that I am probably wrong about the allies having no anti air. I don't play in tournaments so I'm not sure about this meta game stuff. I only have one grim reaper unit at the moment with none of the anti air walkers you have mentioned. I will probably pick up some additional grim reapers today as well as a wildfire.

LOL, you complain about Allied AA power but that's because you don't actually have any of the models :D

#9 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

I must say i don't get the whole "We need AA" that is popular these days. But that's prolly i haven't yet met any strike choppers;)

#10 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

I thought this thread was about the disparity in announced units. We know about the axis heavy transport walker and jet planes, but no vehicles whatsoever for the allies yet.

#11 Manchu8990

Manchu8990

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I have to throw my hat into the ring….  Axis and SSU get more vehicles and they throw us what more Infantry…  I mean when they start to release the Japan stuff for the Axis then, by all means, throw the Marines our way, until then lets see an even distribution regarding vehicles….   Down the pipe even the Axis get aircraft, just drop the Allies line instead of making it less and less competitive… 

#12 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

I feel the Allies are lacking a middle ground vehicle. The Axis forces have the Wotan and the Flamm-Luther, the SSU hordes have the Fury of Ivan (or whatever it's called nowadays), while the Allied forces have… nothing.

This sore spot  is all the more painful as the Allies are right now the only side without a known flying vehicle, and we know that the Axis will get those nice heavy troop transports…

#13 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, I'd love to see an allied medium-heavy walker.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS