Photo

Whats Going On With the Strange Flesh Release?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

So after I picked up Freefall and Loved It, I started looking to get Golem and Strange Flesh.  Golem's currently on its way to my local Barnes and Nobel to pick up, but Strange Flesh…

So I looked up Strange Flesh on B&N.Com a week ago, and it said it would be released in Paperback this Tuesday.  Sweet.

Tuesday comes, I look it up, and the paperback isn't even in their system anymore - only the Nook version.  Wha?  So I head over to Barnes and Noble, wondering if it's a computer error or something.  No trace of it in the store… and when I had the information desk look it up, both of them are utterly befuddled as it seems to have disappeared!

Is Strange Flesh going to get a wider release to these stores like Golem and Freefall did?  Or is my only hope of buying the book ordering it online?

And on that note, if I get an E-Reader version of the book, will it still have a mail-away for the game card?

#2 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I checked again this week, and still no sign of it.  Will the only way to buy this book in paperback be to get it online?

#3 jasonpanella

jasonpanella

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

I've been wondering about this too. Has the same been the case for other recent FFG novel releases?

#4 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

jasonpanella said:

I've been wondering about this too. Has the same been the case for other recent FFG novel releases?

I'm having the same kind of trouble finding 'Bones of the Yopasi'…

#5 Pheznik

Pheznik

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I asked about cards, only for physical versus. My Barnes and noble had the same story so I ordered it off eBay for cover price and free shipping. I've been enjoying it. Can't wait to find out what the card is.

#6 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

So is the only way to buy the book version is to buy it off the FFG store?

#7 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Coolstuffinc has a few copies in stock, so apparently it is being distributed, if not necessarily through the usual bookstore channels…

#8 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I really hope this isn't a trend for future FFG Book releases.  I can manage getting Strange Flesh on digital once my iPad comes in, but I'll be ticked as heck if I can't easily get a paperback of the sequel to Golem, and I'm already ticked that I can't get Bones of the Yopast.

#9 jasonpanella

jasonpanella

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Master Fwiffo said:

I really hope this isn't a trend for future FFG Book releases.  I can manage getting Strange Flesh on digital once my iPad comes in, but I'll be ticked as heck if I can't easily get a paperback of the sequel to Golem, and I'm already ticked that I can't get Bones of the Yopast.

Amazon US has had some copies of Strange Flesh from third-party sellers, and they range from around $15, including shipping (which seems like a lot for a mass market paperback), and over $60, which is just incredible. I'd love to be able to pick this up from a local book or game store, but since I don't really have either, I just went to Coolstuffinc route. With shipping, it ended up being around the sticker price. 

#10 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Surprisingly enough, I found a game store that actually had the books!  I grabbed them immediately.

While I'm happy to have them, I really hope I don't have to take the (hour plus) trip to get them when the next round of FFG books hits.  I'd like to just buy them at Bares and Noble.  :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS