USMC Armour 1

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

What do you think?  As they are not wearing any armour, will they be the first A1 troops?

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Pretty sure they will.

Which makes me worried about their survival. A 3-men squad with Armor 1? If there's nothing more to it, they'll be eliminated from the game if an ape looks at them with an angry stare.

#3 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Happy. Wasn't too keen on the high-tech look of the Armour 3 troops (too polished and sleek, not enough nuts and bolts and gears and rivets), and a bit worried about the power creep.

Having less powerful troops and filling some tactical variety niches at the same time is highly appreciated. Really looking forward to field some more "static" pieces like artillery, entrenchements, and such stuff.

Onwards to Armour 2 vehicles!

#4 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

I dont think they will be armor 1 troops. Paolo has said that armor rating does not mean whether they are wearing armour or not. he had said that the skill is part of there armor rating as well. Marines are considered very highly trained troops so I think they will retain the armor 2 rating.

#5 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Looking at the cards on the premium site it would appear that they are armor 2 and the .50 has 3 life and the mortar has 4 life and each has 5 weapon stat lines

#6 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Major Mishap said:

What do you think?  As they are not wearing any armour, will they be the first A1 troops?

What site are you looking at?

#7 AshDOG

AshDOG

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yeah what cards are you looking at? I went to the premium site and clicked on the product but nothing happens.

#8 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

That little icon is it sadly.

#9 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Armor 1 units with less than 15 men don't have any sense looking at accual units in the game.. Those weapons team look so great the'y can't be so weak!

#10 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Lska said:

Armor 1 units with less than 15 men don't have any sense looking at accual units in the game.. Those weapons team look so great the'y can't be so weak!

Well, when the game first came out and there was a lack of choice for units, we designed A1 3-man support squads and 5 man units, and they worked just fine tactically.  Sure, they die easily but if a unit is shooting them up then its not shooting at your A2 unit, and they can't be ignored as they still dish out the same damage as a regular A2 unit but cheaper.

#11 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well sounds resonable, i was hoping for chineese guys to be armor 1 ;) But if Lara and Hvy Recon meet any of armor 1, god have mercy on their souls..

#12 Miah999

Miah999

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

They are Armor 1…

http://www.front-tow...-confirmed.html

#13 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hooray! Less space marines, more Marines! 

#14 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

I'm gussing set up means that the unit has to spend and action setting up after movement before it can fire?

#15 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Makes sense, what with the tripod an all. But if that's the case these guys will be useless in an offensive capacity. Can't live though an attack, and they can't move into position and fire before getting fired upon. It seems they are only really useful as defensive weapon platform. Which I guess makes perfect sense for the kind of unit they are. Having Advanced Reactive Fire goes well with that theme.

#16 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

My first thought was that "setup" probably allowed the player to place them in a certain position on the board instead of entering the board in the usual way - like they set their equipment up before the game actually started. That would make sense and increase the unit's survivability.

#17 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

That's an interesting idea.

#18 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

??! said:

My first thought was that "setup" probably allowed the player to place them in a certain position on the board instead of entering the board in the usual way - like they set their equipment up before the game actually started. That would make sense and increase the unit's survivability.

I tend to agree with that idea. Otherwise it would be tough trying to get a gun like that into a good position using a city board. It could take forever to get to a second story position for example.

#19 Panzer soldier

Panzer soldier

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Having to use an action to set up the gun would be realistic.

#20 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

"Setup" could actually include both suggestions made here. During the first turn of the game, you could be allowed to place the unit anywhere (?) on the board instead of entering normally (I suppose this would require using both actions.). This would reflect the unit "setting up" before the game's start. Additionally, if the unit wanted to move during the game, it would need to spend an extra action to set its gun up again, so it wouldn't be able to change position and fire its weapon in the same turn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS