The City Space

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Is it legal to land on the city and do NOTHING? I can understand if you don't have a gold to heal, or an object to turn to gold, but wouldn't you at least have to visit the Mystic? ( or enchantress if in the other corner)

If there is card on the city such as an event or stranger or item you cannot carry…..can you then just encounter the city options?

I hope this was short but sweet….please give me your advice!

#2 Darzamir

Darzamir

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

From the FAQ:

City
Q: When a character encounters the City, can he choose an
option that cannot be fulfilled, like visiting the Doctor if he
already has life counters equal to his life value? What about
the Village?

A: No. If a character visits the Doctor, he must spend at least
1 gold to heal, and only if he has fewer life counters than his
life value. If a character visits the Alchemist, he must turn at
least one of his Objects into gold. If he is not able to fulfill any
of these conditions, he must visit the Enchantress. If a character
encounters the Village, he must choose an option that he
is able to fulfill; otherwise he must visit the Mystic.

#3 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

I wonder how the City expansion will change that space?  Will they give us an overlay indicating its now the City Gates?

I don't want to drive up the price of the set to much, but maybe a plastic City Gates (half an inch by 2 inches or so) would sit on the verbiage indicating encounters with Doc, Alchemist and Enchantress, to obscure or "rewrite" that space.

I also wonder if there is some mechanism or specific die roll to get in to the city?

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

0beron said:

I wonder how the City expansion will change that space?  Will they give us an overlay indicating its now the City Gates?

I don't want to drive up the price of the set to much, but maybe a plastic City Gates (half an inch by 2 inches or so) would sit on the verbiage indicating encounters with Doc, Alchemist and Enchantress, to obscure or "rewrite" that space.

I also wonder if there is some mechanism or specific die roll to get in to the city?

Hi Oberon,

I was also wondering about that, if you can still encounter the enchantress, doctor, or alchemist at the city gates on the corner of the mainboard.

It's also possible that FFG has include those 3 inside the City expansion…

But the City board will not overlap the city space on the mainboard, so maybe it will stay the same as before. But is that not weird?

#5 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hi Velhart,

I think in the 2nd edition, if you land on the old City space, you place your piece on that new city board's city gates, but those boards were 'side' boards, not fitted to go around like in 4th.

So, in my estimation they will place the City space folks in the new board, spiffy new shops, etc. (maybe the Enchantress will have other options too?)

I'd like to see something more visual that will show players what to do when they land there (the previous mentioned 'gate' plastic piece?)

#6 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

0beron said:

Hi Velhart,

I think in the 2nd edition, if you land on the old City space, you place your piece on that new city board's city gates, but those boards were 'side' boards, not fitted to go around like in 4th.

So, in my estimation they will place the City space folks in the new board, spiffy new shops, etc. (maybe the Enchantress will have other options too?)

I'd like to see something more visual that will show players what to do when they land there (the previous mentioned 'gate' plastic piece?)

Yeah, maybe they will add the city space folks to the City expansion.

Third edition is different. There is only a market on the city space. But the Enchantress, Doctor and Alchemist came with the city expansion.

But with 4th revised edition, they are already on the mainboard.

I am not sure, but i have look at the rules for the City from 2th edition, and it seems that the enchantress is inside the city too?

If this is the case, then i think the same will happen with this edition.

#7 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thankyou very much for all of your advice….It's nice to know I have been coaching the corners correctly!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS