• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Drazer76

Drazer76

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Hey guys,

I'm starting up in a Deathwatch roleplay and am going to be a Dark Angel. 

Now I was wondering what options are available as DA specific classes. I know Ravenwing is in there as I have that book but what others are there? Is there an Interrogator Chaplain and of so is it level 1 or an advanced? As we are starting characters I don't know if I can be one and wouldn't want to buy the book it in if I wouldn't be able to use it. 

Deathwing is a higher level too I know, but what other options have come out for a level 1 Dark Angel?

Thanks =)

#2 Zappiel

Zappiel

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

pretty sure that's it, for starters.  no mention has been made of the interrogator chaplains, but since they are an advanced form of regular chaplain, that won't be a rank 1 option anyhow….only other options i can think of off hand are black shield (the dark angel is in disguise, under deep cover….) and honour guard (but h.g. is possibly above rank 1 too, can't quite recall…..)

And don't forget that all Unforgiven chapters make use of interrogator chaplains, death wing, and raven wing:  you could build an Unforgiven chapter using the rites of battle sourcebook, giving you even more options and potential coolness to personalize yer character….

Repent!  For tomorrow you die!

#3 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Even a Deathwatch Chaplain from a "by the book" Unforgiven chapter would have access to up to Interrogation +20 straight away. So mechanically, an Interrogator-Chaplain is not hard to come up with.

#4 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

At first rank you would not find many alternative path.

Right now you are quite nobody, wait for glory and rank andd you will be awarded by alternative rank.

Try to think what you wanna become play as good as you can and as soon as possible, depending on restriction, take your new path.

#5 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Work towards Deathwatch Champion.  B!tches love Champions!

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#6 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Interrigator chaplain would be up there with Sanguinary Guard…

First off, the likelyhood of one either of them going to the Deathwatch while holding that rank (or being promoted to those ranks in the middle of a watch) is so rediculously miniscule its practically nil.

On the absolutely crazy-bat-poop chance it would happen (meaning all the stars in the galaxy align and your character makes a daemonic pact with tzeentch) it would be based off of an existing specialty (which is what its called in DW and sounds better than "class" anyways) with marks of distinction to set them apart. Any special wargear (none really for an Interagator chaplain) would have to be acquired through normal means for that speciality (Sanguinary Guard would have to get artificer armour, winged jump pack, angelus bolter, and blade encarmine, interagator chaplain… well he would need chaplain specialty and thus would get all the chaplain stuff).

I need to stress again, there is no reason either of these specialties would ever be secunded to the deathwatch. They have their specific chapter roles they need to fulfil for their chapter. If it ever happened it would be (rare as above) a very short secundment and for a very specific reason for the chapter itself (selfish motives vs. just joining up to do your bit).

#7 BrotherTenparo

BrotherTenparo

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Tactical and Devastator are both really good for starting out, or if you want something more exotic you can take the Ravenwing class at rank 1 and you get a bike standard issue.

#8 Zappiel

Zappiel

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

it certainly seems cromulent to me that the Unforgiven would send an Interrogator-Chaplain to the Deathwatch…if, as has been strongly suggested thus far in the ffg fluff, there are indeed Fallen in Jericho (in Erioch!?!), then, by the Emprah, an Inner Council chaplain would be sent to take command of things right quick, no?  Hell, the Dark Angels have lost a watchcaptain to (potential) Fallen treachery in the last 30 years….we're lucky the Rock isn't on its way……

#9 FailTruck

FailTruck

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

One roughly believable and in character reason would be

Character is seconded to the deathwatch

Character returns to chapter after finishing secondment

Character is Badass, and therefore becomes Sanguinary guard/interogator chaplian etc

Old enemy from previous secondment rises from grave/returns from the warp/Son wants revenge/any good old action movie sequal trope.

character rejoins deathwatch to fight old nemesis

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS