General points on the book
What has been done well
1. Looking at the book as it sits on the bookshelf the pale book cover and spine stands out. This will make it easier to see on the store shelves.
2. I like the artwork on the front and type face on the cover is easy to glace at and see.
3. The general layout of the book is good
4. Good paper stock
5. Good font & font size form the text
6. The unfinished art work shows potential if it were finished. Can’t wait to see more of it.
7. Like the chapter quotes
8. The language used is easy to read and understand
9. Good page size. Easier to fit on a photocopier if you need it.
10. The tables are well written, and readable
11. Keep the normal dice conversion chart.
12. Keep an eye on the binding. First version is good
1. Would recommend the color of the ink on the contents page be deepened in tone a little to increase readability.
2. All important tables section be included at the back for GM reference.
3. Include more ideas on what can be done with advantages/threats
4. Keep the dice sticker sheet in the back for those that will have to make their own dice because they do not live near a good gaming store.
5. Include a blow by blow combat example in the combat chapter. Something showing dice, distance, species, the consequences for jumping into close quarters without spending the manoeuvre, shooting into combat with allies. I have tried writing my own and I got lost after page 7.
6. On the character sheet, the white writing for the stats names is changed. For those who have a poor photocopier or printer it becomes unreadable.
7. Change the position of the page numbers to be included in the boarder of the page so every page can have a page number. In the carer talents chart section it can be hard to track page numbers, for people new to the game.
Perhaps it may be possible to have an online access for books buyers to special features, such as…
1. From the beginners set, the deluxe extended character sheets in an editable version, so if GM wants to do something special for his players he can. Or maybe a you can have an on line, designed to assemble and print out character sheet?
2. A quick search pdf version of the book for GMs to use? (see the gnome stew Eureka 501 adventure plots pdf)
Include an option for listing what the symbols total as E.g. 3 successes 1 triumph