• 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Not a bad idea…. 

#2 frogimus

frogimus

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Was hoping they'd make some acrylic movement templates, but their straight move really bites.  A 1 - 4 move would require you to land on top of the template, then slide it out from under the base.

#3 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Am I to assume these are Litko? Someone else?

For the asteroids, I actually prefer 3D asteroids (lava rocks) on stands placed on top of the flat asteroid markers…

#4 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Baphomet69 said:

For the asteroids, I actually prefer 3D asteroids (lava rocks) on stands placed on top of the flat asteroid markers…

Litko

#5 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

frogimus said:

Was hoping they'd make some acrylic movement templates, but their straight move really bites.  A 1 - 4 move would require you to land on top of the template, then slide it out from under the base.

Agreed - did they play the game? That and the cost is rediculous.

#6 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Okay, since this thread has jumped to the top of the list I'm going to ask a question I've been wondering since I first saw 3D asteroids: what do you do if your ship lands on one? I understand that the flat asteroid markers are fine because you just place the ship on top, but you can't do that with the beautifully detailed 3D asteroids. So do you treat it like collisions with other ships, where movement is simply halted?

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#7 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Parakitor said:

Okay, since this thread has jumped to the top of the list I'm going to ask a question I've been wondering since I first saw 3D asteroids: what do you do if your ship lands on one? I understand that the flat asteroid markers are fine because you just place the ship on top, but you can't do that with the beautifully detailed 3D asteroids. So do you treat it like collisions with other ships, where movement is simply halted?

I have 3D asteroids, but haven't played X-Wing with asteroids. However, someone posted recently about putting the flat asteroids under the 3D ones which seems like the perfect solution.

#8 kmanweiss

kmanweiss

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

For 3-D asteroids (lava rocks lets say) it's pretty simply.  Set the asteroid stand on top of the flat asteroid token.  If someone has to land on it, remove the 3-D one and you still have the traditional flat one in place.

#9 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

Ingenious! I should have been able to figure that out from the context when people mentioned putting them on top of the asteroid tokens. 

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#10 veritechc

veritechc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I think I actually prefer the original movement templates. I would like a set of those in acrylic.

As far as asteroids go we just placed the actual rocks on the tabletop. If the base comes in contact you are eating an asteroid. Worked well enough for us.

#11 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

FAIL!

Those asteroids are clearly within Range 1 of each other 

#12 fcwesel

fcwesel

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Baphomet69 said:

Here's some…

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

#13 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

CorSec Engineering just came out with acrylic bases in the same shape as the ones in the core set that can have a flight peg and rock placed on top.

http://corseceng.com/blog/2012/11/5/omni-stand-updates.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page

#14 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

this is what a friend of mine in our playgroup made for me.  they add a lot of depth to the game

#15 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Lord Dragon said:

this is what a friend of mine in our playgroup made for me.  they add a lot of depth to the game

They look pretty cool :)

#16 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

they are just pieces of laminate floor tile for the base a 4inch screw for the stem and pink foam and pain for the astroid, I am going to be making a few sets here soon let you know how they come out

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS