Jump to content



Photo

Don't order from Miniaturemarket.com if you live in Canada


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 along

along

    Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

I ordered 2 X-Wings and 1 Tie fighter expansions on Sept 26/12, I still havent recieved them and their customer service email finally messaged me back today (I first emailed them Oct 4)  Terrible service!

 



#2 TieDefender

TieDefender

    Member

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

 they are generally pretty good I rarely have problems with them but when I do they either ship a replacement item free of charge or whatever to make it right.



#3 MilesD37

MilesD37

    Member

  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I've been dealing with them for awhile, but i live in the states- never had an issue



#4 Harleequin

Harleequin

    Member

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

EDIT: Wow poor you, you ordered something 2 weeks ago from a foreign country and it hasn't reached you yet? Also you contacted them on a thursday which was followed by a three day weekend which they clearly have off as most business's do and didn't get a reply until 2 days after the three day weekend? Are you serious?

You're going to put down a company because you are ridiculously impatient? Grow up.

After you place your order, I'm almost 100% sure they said it will take 3-5, or 5-7 BUSINESS days, to send out your shipment. It's not THEIR fault you ordered it on a Wednesday, probably the worst day to order anything. Let me do some counting for you. Wednesday the 26th you place your order, waiting 3 business days would mean they would send it out on the Second of october, and they might have said 5-7 business days. Which could easily have been Thursday the fourth, or Monday the Eighth. You ordered it on a horrible day, on a horrible week, and you blame a company for that? How do you think shipping something out from a business standpoint works? They get hundreds of orders a DAY.

Furthermore based on your title I'm assuming it's an American business, which means they have to ship it to another country. Keep in mind they're shipping location is in Missouri ? Not really that close to the US / Canadian border. So it probably takes over a week to get there. After that, they have to process and screen it, which can EASILY take another week. If I were you I wouldn't be surprised if my package took another week and a half to get to me. Plus if you don't live right on the border, don't forget they have to transfer from USPS to another mail carrier.

Be patient and don't slander a business because you didn't get your precious toys the day you ordered them.



#5 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

I have never ordered X wing stuff from them as it is all available locally but I have ordered tons and tons (and tons) of Star Wars minis stuff and quite a bit of Dust Warfare stuff from them in the past. I have never had an issue with them. I usually had the stuff arrive about a week and a half after ordering it which for the cheapest shipping method available and zero customs/duties/brokerage fees, I have always been very satisfied. Furthermore, they have always marked my packages as "gift" which is great just in case the border ever did want to charge me border taxes. Now this may not be something that they do for every Canadian though, I don't know. When I first ordered from them I made a massive ( and I mean massive) order  and thought it would be free shipping as their site mentioned free shipping over $100 and my order was way over $100. They informed me that free shipping was not available to Canada and they have treated me exceptionally well since then allowing me to split orders to lessen shipping costs on large orders (as I said I have ordered tons of Star Wars minis and Dust stuff and some of the orders/packages would have been very big had they not allowed me to split them into multiple orders, etcs, to save on shipping costs. They have always been great for me and I have never had any problems with them. When I order from them, I realize that the product is not instantly delivered to my door as I am in another country, but it does arrive and is always what I ordered and it is always reasonably priced.

 

Maybe you should give them another chance… if not, that is certainly your choice but I would tell other Canadian customers not to automatically dismiss them as they have always been good to me in the past and I have done a great deal of businees with them.

I should add though that if you are Canadian and want to order inside Canada, why not try Meeplemart? If you are in the Toronto area, just drive over on a day they are open or if from another part of Canada just go to their website and order from there. They have pretty much everything for almost every game you can think of. I get most of my gaming stuff from my local game store in Mississauga as I want to support the place that I play my games in but I have bought half of my X wing stuff from Meeplemart along with all of my Anima Tactics stuff and they have fantastic prices which are pretty much the same as what you would pay at Miniature market… except that its in Canadian dollars and located in Toronto… I can't say enough about their prices… but I love Minimarket for my star wars minis stuff although I have so much of it at this point I'm not sure I need any more of them but I may get the bug to order up an alternate pose model of one of my favorites at some point and wouldn't hesitate to put the order into miniaturemarket.



#6 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

    Member

  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.



#7 ArcticSnake

ArcticSnake

    Member

  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Harleequin said:

EDIT: Wow poor you, you ordered something 2 weeks ago from a foreign country and it hasn't reached you yet? Also you contacted them on a thursday which was followed by a three day weekend which they clearly have off as most business's do and didn't get a reply until 2 days after the three day weekend? Are you serious?

You're going to put down a company because you are ridiculously impatient? Grow up.

After you place your order, I'm almost 100% sure they said it will take 3-5, or 5-7 BUSINESS days, to send out your shipment. It's not THEIR fault you ordered it on a Wednesday, probably the worst day to order anything. Let me do some counting for you. Wednesday the 26th you place your order, waiting 3 business days would mean they would send it out on the Second of october, and they might have said 5-7 business days. Which could easily have been Thursday the fourth, or Monday the Eighth. You ordered it on a horrible day, on a horrible week, and you blame a company for that? How do you think shipping something out from a business standpoint works? They get hundreds of orders a DAY.

Furthermore based on your title I'm assuming it's an American business, which means they have to ship it to another country. Keep in mind they're shipping location is in Missouri ? Not really that close to the US / Canadian border. So it probably takes over a week to get there. After that, they have to process and screen it, which can EASILY take another week. If I were you I wouldn't be surprised if my package took another week and a half to get to me. Plus if you don't live right on the border, don't forget they have to transfer from USPS to another mail carrier.

Be patient and don't slander a business because you didn't get your precious toys the day you ordered them.

You must be a small business owner too…


Battlescribe X-Wing Miniatures Data file links:
Index.bsi file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.bsi
Index.xml file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.xml

 


#8 Harleequin

Harleequin

    Member

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Baphomet69 said:

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.

Baphomet69 said:

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.

As someone who owns an eBay store, works 2 part time jobs, and merchants other goods for a living on various websites, customers like this who feel self entitled to everything, and expects way to much, really bother me.



#9 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

    Member

  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

 Yes, he jumped the gun and was too critical. I agree. But as a business person you should recognize the old saw about honey and vinegar. You must realize your chances to persuade him of the error in his approach (and convince him to act more appropriately next time) would stand a better chance of success by being civil?

Just a suggestion. ;)



#10 Harleequin

Harleequin

    Member

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Baphomet69 said:

 Yes, he jumped the gun and was too critical. I agree. But as a business person you should recognize the old saw about honey and vinegar. You must realize your chances to persuade him of the error in his approach (and convince him to act more appropriately next time) would stand a better chance of success by being civil?

Just a suggestion. ;)

I understand what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it, but to be honest I don't care if he's nice next time, I just want him to know that he was wrong, rude, and ignorant.



#11 frogimus

frogimus

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

 Cross-border transactions can take a while.  If it shipped UPS, they've gotten really slow since they truck freight a lot more now that aircraft fuel is so high.  MM has always been good to me, but I live 3 hours away, so…

 

And someone on here just reinforced my decision to never again buy from ebay



#12 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

    Member

  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Harleequin said:

Baphomet69 said:

 

 Yes, he jumped the gun and was too critical. I agree. But as a business person you should recognize the old saw about honey and vinegar. You must realize your chances to persuade him of the error in his approach (and convince him to act more appropriately next time) would stand a better chance of success by being civil?

Just a suggestion. ;)

 

 

I understand what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it, but to be honest I don't care if he's nice next time, I just want him to know that he was wrong, rude, and ignorant.

I tend to think you'd care if he isn't shown the error of his ways and inadvertently buys from you then posts something similar about you simply because he was never reasoned with. If you don't care about that possibility, then…well, you reap what you sow…



#13 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

    Member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Harleequin said:

Baphomet69 said:

 

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.

 

 

Baphomet69 said:

 

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.

 

 

As someone who owns an eBay store, works 2 part time jobs, and merchants other goods for a living on various websites, customers like this who feel self entitled to everything, and expects way to much, really bother me.

What Ebay store is yours?



#14 Korro Zal

Korro Zal

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

 I live in Japan, and I order from Miniature Market all the time. I've found their service to be fantastic.

 

I don't know about Canada, but I think some packages sent to Japan from abroad are sometimes held up for inspection. On a couple of occasions, things I've ordered have come a week or two late, and some look as if they've been opened and re-sealed. This once happened with an order I placed from Miniature Market. It may be that customs randomly chooses some packages to open up and make sure no illegal goods are being imported. It might be that Canada does the same thing, which means it may not be Miniature Market's fault at all.



#15 ArcticSnake

ArcticSnake

    Member

  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Korro Zal said:

 

 I live in Japan, and I order from Miniature Market all the time. I've found their service to be fantastic.

 

I don't know about Canada, but I think some packages sent to Japan from abroad are sometimes held up for inspection. On a couple of occasions, things I've ordered have come a week or two late, and some look as if they've been opened and re-sealed. This once happened with an order I placed from Miniature Market. It may be that customs randomly chooses some packages to open up and make sure no illegal goods are being imported. It might be that Canada does the same thing, which means it may not be Miniature Market's fault at all.

 

 

There too? I thought it was only done here, and I live in the Philippines.

Makes me feel a lot better after receiving some resealed and late packages that I've ordered online overseas.


Battlescribe X-Wing Miniatures Data file links:
Index.bsi file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.bsi
Index.xml file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.xml

 


#16 TieDefender

TieDefender

    Member

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

 If your ordering online from canada you have to give it at least a month , expecting to get it 2 weeks later is crazy ! Canada post is very slow I have mailed something to another place in canada that was 3hrs away from me and it still took a month lol.   Sure sometimes it shows up a week or 2 later but for everyone that shows up in that time frame you will have 1 that takes 3-4 weeks.



#17 along

along

    Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

My biggest complaint is that there was no communication and they would not answer my emails.

If they were upfront with the expected delivery time, then I would be cool.  They stated orignally 3-5 business days……

 

STILLLLLL NOTHING>>>BOOOOOO

I've ordered my miniatures for Cool Stuff Inc before, 4 business days was the most I ever waitied.

 



#18 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

    Member

  • Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

 I'm in Canada, and Miniature Market are my go-to guys for this kind of stuff. Where do they say 3-5 business days to Canada? That's a new one for me…



#19 xBeakeRx

xBeakeRx

    Member

  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

 My 2 cents, I've ordered tons of stuff from miniature market and have never had any issues. I normally receive my items 2-3 days after placing my order without any problems.

that being said, I will never use coolstuffinc again. I recently placed an order from miniature market but they were sold out of TIE advanced models, so I purchased them from coolstuffinc instead…bad idea! It took 2 weeks to receive my order and I only live about 10 hours from their store. I could have waited a few days for MM to get them in stock and still got them a week before coolstuffinc.



#20 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

    Member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

cmdrcody said:

Harleequin said:

 

Baphomet69 said:

 

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.

 

 

Baphomet69 said:

 

 @Harleequin - your point is valid, but diminished by the attitude. Count to ten, man.

 

 

As someone who owns an eBay store, works 2 part time jobs, and merchants other goods for a living on various websites, customers like this who feel self entitled to everything, and expects way to much, really bother me.

 

 

What Ebay store is yours?

I was hoping to throw some business Harleequin's way, but i guess he's not interested?  






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS