Tournament Squad Registration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

I have run many tournaments for many different games in the past, but this is the first time I have come across this issue.  When registering for a tournament, you have to let the TO know exactly which ships and upgrades you are using so the he/she can make sure that your squad build doesn't go over the 100pt mark (if that is the point build for your tournament), and so that you are using the same ships and upgrades for all matches in the tournament.

Should squads be registered like this, where upgrades stay with the ship in each match?

“Dutch” Vander (23 points)
Proton Torpedoes (4 points)
R5-K6 (2 points)

Biggs Darklighter (25 points)
R2-D2 (4 points)

Garven Dries (26 points)
R2-F2 (3 points)

Or should it be registered like this, where you can choose at the beginning of each match which upgrades go on which ships?

Garven Dries (26 points)
“Dutch” Vander (23 points)
R2-D2 (4 points)
R2-F2 (3 points)
R5-K6 (2 points)

I didn't see anything in the tournament rules where it clearly states how it should be handled.  What do you guys think, and how was it handled at GenCon?

Roy

#2 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

I don't know how this got posted twice.  Please ignore this one.

Roy

#3 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

I think it depends on how you want to run it.

Are the upgrades locked to a specific pilot for the duration of the event?  Or can they swap cards?

I tend to say that the upgrades are static for the duration of the event.  Maybe with an adjust period at Lunch break.

In which case, the first one is better, but I would add a TOTALS line for each pilot.  EX:

R2-D2 (4 points)

Pilot Total 34 Points

#4 Xnath

Xnath

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Your first option works best.

You should know which ships have which upgrades at a glance in case any issue comes up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS