Dice App

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

I know some of you own it. What do you think? Is it worth the $4.99? How much better/worse is it than just using the physical dice?

#2 AlKusanagi

AlKusanagi

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

If you have two starter sets (more than 3 of each die) then you wouldn't need it. It's mainly for the new Star Wars RPG they are putting out, as it uses lots of specialty dice that are also included in the dice roller app.

#3 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

I bought it in a fit of impulse. It's cool. Probably as an app I would think it should be worth $2.99. It really should upgrade the functionality to where you can change the die results after selecting a die. It would be easier to read (and more fun) if you could touch a die with an eye on it and have a pop up option to alter it to a hit or a crit so you could better compare rolls.

But I agree that unless you really like rolling virtual dice, don't bother if you have two starters.

Be seeing you.

#4 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

I have it, and never used it for this… just edge of the empire, i prefer real dice always, but i have only one set of stcker dice for edge of the empire… so my playera use them and i use the app as GM…

its definately the best dice rolling app ive used, it has all the standard numbered dice too… 

#5 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

ShadowJak said:

I know some of you own it. What do you think? Is it worth the $4.99? How much better/worse is it than just using the physical dice?

I bought it when I learned that the dice expansion was not coming out with the first wave. I thought it was great until I discovered that you can't manually turn the dice from Focus to Evade or Hit. Basically, it is a really good dice app, but the primary usefulness will be for Edge of the Empire.

#6 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

As a dice app?  It's the best one I've ever installed as it is efficient, attractive and as it has a selection of standard dice, also practical.  I've gotten to a point where rolling physical dice is a nuisance, and I get particularly tired of the majority of players who throw their dice into miniatures. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#7 cmdrcody

cmdrcody

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

In addition to turning the results where appropriate, I'd like the standard d20- etc to allow you to change any additional dice to different colors.

For example, if I am playing another game (say SW Minis) being able to roll 2 d20s of DIFFERENT colors would be nice (initiative).

#8 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I grabbed the app for my new iPhone this week and used it last night when playing. I like it fine for $5. It would be better if you could turn your dive but that's definitely not a shows topper for me.  Hopefully that will come in an update. Otherwise it's a fine app and I like using it!

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS